Why didn't Mr Perfect ever face Hulk Hogan?

Frump

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
watching some old clips I forgot about the fued storyline they had going for a a few months between them but all that ever came out of it was a tag match with Hogan/Warrior vs Perfect/Genius.

Wouldn't a match in one of the ppv events been pretty huge at the time with Hogan at his height and the perfect persons mr perfect had before losing?

Reggie

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Virginia
Knowing Hogan he probably knew that Perfect would have showed him up in the ring and wrestled circles around him. A feud between them would have been good though but we know Vince was all about pushing those monsters back then.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
They damn sure had a match on SNME once...I remember him kicking out of the Perfect Plex and doing his usual win. We never saw anyone kick out of the Perfect Plex back then.

Tombstone
Razor's Edge
Perfect Plex
The Scorpion Deathlok
Jake's DDT...

Nobody was kicking out of any of that shyt. When Jake Hit that DDT, it was over. I never saw anyone EVEN MOVE after he hit it until the Undertaker WM match. One of the most protected finishers in fukking history. I remember playing Wrestlefest at the Arcade...maybe at San Diego State's Arcade spot we used to go as kids and if you hit that DDT, a nygga could have HALF his energy, that shyt would all go away and it was a 1.2.3:laugh:

Miggs

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.O.
barely any ppvs back then.

they feuded on the house shows. I think mr perfect was winning those matches by countout.

one of those matches was on the wrestlefest '90 video.

They had WM,RR,Survivor Series & Summer Slam...Problem is cokeboy even in his early addiction infancy thought Lanny Poffo would make a better headliner for title matches :scust:

Also hate to say it but Perfect didnt have main draw appeal,he was mid card in the WWF :yeshrug:

Daps
Reppin
I am NOT a sex offender
I remember Scott Keith addressing this once upon a time, and if you consider him a reliable source which I'm not so sure I do, then the story goes they thought about doing the feud for PPV but were disappointed in the house match quality and decided against it.

ExodusNirvana

Change is inevitable...
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, NY
They damn sure had a match on SNME once...I remember him kicking out of the Perfect Plex and doing his usual win. We never saw anyone kick out of the Perfect Plex back then.

Tombstone
Razor's Edge
Perfect Plex
The Scorpion Deathlok
Jake's DDT...

Nobody was kicking out of any of that shyt. When Jake Hit that DDT, it was over. I never saw anyone EVEN MOVE after he hit it until the Undertaker WM match. One of the most protected finishers in fukking history. I remember playing Wrestlefest at the Arcade...maybe at San Diego State's Arcade spot we used to go as kids and if you hit that DDT, a nygga could have HALF his energy, that shyt would all go away and it was a 1.2.3:laugh:
I think I watched this recently actually. I'm watching everything on the Network (I mean I'm skipping some shyt because some of those early RAWs were straight doo doo) but if I recall, even Gorilla Monsoon commented that Hogan kicked out of the Perfect Plex

• Dap
Reactions: R=G

Tide Run This

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Garnet N Gold

Tombstone
Razor's Edge
Perfect Plex
The Scorpion Deathlok
Jake's DDT...

Now they got these cats kicking out of finishers 2 times a match on throwaway raws I don't even see how they expect wrestlers to get crazy reactions these days with the stupid booking. Double A hitting the DDT and spinebuster always made me mark as a kid

R=G

Street Terrorist
Bushed
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Now they got these cats kicking out of finishers 2 times a match on throwaway raws I don't even see how they expect wrestlers to get crazy reactions these days with the stupid booking. Double A hitting the DDT and spinebuster always made me mark as a kid
They had Cena OBLIERATE so many finishers during the US title challenge and dudes called it the "best part of Raw". I was rolling..shyt was absolutely insane.

BlackDiBiase

Superstar
Daps
mr.perfect was mega over especially abroad he was an instant hit in the wwf. he was going in on the wwf title but if you can have the ability to out pop hulk at that time (ask jake) they would change the feud. thats why hogan worked mainly with lower cased heels.

then they gave perfect one of the longest IC reigns in history, drawing everywhere even put him on the job and management and all that when he did his back in. one of the goats :wow: