why did they stop making nfl and ncaa football games for PC?

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
the last game system I owned was a PS2. I aint spending all that money for a new game console.So now i'm like forced to play this because... this is the only football game i can play :rudy:

Bimgelectronic-arts_madden-nfl-2006-pc.jpg

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
No money on the PC side because people just kept releasing roster updates...because essentially that's what EA was doing and charging full price every year

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
2K is being real generous releasing 2K on the PC these past years:pachaha:
people buy those games because the effort is there. EA is just lazy and we have too much tools for EA to stop the PC crowd from editing their games

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Because the the bulk of their sales came from the console market. Even the games they released for the PC tended to be horribly buggy compared to the console versions.

Plus sports games are something you HAVE to have a gamepad for and a lot a PC games still don't and have no intention of purchasing one.

Leasy

Let's add some Alizarin Crimson & Van Dyke Brown
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Philly (BYRD GANG)
Madden 08 on PC which is the last one released still have a huge following. 2k basketball is amazing on the PC and the mods only make it better. I just wish it is full fledge support for PC with sports titles.

Liquid

Superstar
WOAT
Daps
Madden 08 on PC which is the last one released still have a huge following. 2k basketball is amazing on the PC and the mods only make it better. I just wish it is full fledge support for PC with sports titles.
madden 08 is just madden 07 with roster updates...

madden 07 is just madden 06 with roster updates.

StatUS

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere
people buy those games because the effort is there. EA is just lazy and we have too much tools for EA to stop the PC crowd from editing their games
Yeah, the last Maddens were basically PS2 ports while they could have brought it next gen easily and not shytted on PC fans.

Because the the bulk of their sales came from the console market. Even the games they released for the PC tended to be horribly buggy compared to the console versions.

Plus sports games are something you HAVE to have a gamepad for and a lot a PC games still don't and have no intention of purchasing one.
Madden had gamepad availability since I played 2000.

Mic-Nificent

I didn't eat nobody
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Madden had gamepad availability since I played 2000.

I'm not saying the games don't have the options to use gamepads, I'm saying the majority of PC gamers don't OWN gamepads because they swear by Keyboard and mouse.