Why Aren't Back Buttons A Standard For Controllers Yet?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
I use my DS4 w/ back button attachment when playing games on PC and I'm honestly :stopitslime: when I go back to playing console games on the dual sense

don't get me wrong, dual sense is a great controller. it's just missing back buttons....back buttons would literally make it a 10/10 controller.

it's the same with xbox. the standard controller doesn't back back buttons but you can buy a premium controller (elite 2) that literally 2-3 times the price just to have back buttons :stopitslime:

why aren't back buttons standard yet? it's literally a transformative & super convenient from a gameplay & ergonomic perspective

DaSk8D00D

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Phoenix, AZ
While it would be dope for hardcore gamers, adding another 2-4 buttons to a controller may end up leading to some really convoluted control schemes over time. Multiplats are still the biggest sellers so if we’re gonna 2-4 new buttons across the board, Sony and microsoft have to both be with it simultaneously.

I love the paddles on my Elite controller because you can customize them for performance. For example adding a jump or crouch button on the paddles for shooters so you never have to take your thumb off the aim stick while doing those actions. I’m not sure how I’d feel if a game had paddles but prevented me from doing stuff like that

You can get good 3rd party xbox controllers w/ the paddles from Scuf that aren’t as pricey as the elite. You not beating that premium feel tho :banderas:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Probably the same reason gyro hasn't become standard in controllers

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
Sony and MS should be selling "pro" style controllers for a small markup over the regulars. I can't believe Sony hasn't sold one yet; only the back button attachment for PS4.