Why are gay white men imitating black women

Malt-O-Meal

Banned
Daps
This has crossed my mind a few times whenever I encounter it, it being white gay men imitating black women. From the over the top black women attitude to the slang like "shade", "Yaas", "slay", "chile please" etc. It makes sense a feminine gay black man would have traits and personalities of black women because those are the women they were raised by and grew up with. I know the black gay community does come up with it's own slang and whatnot but much of it overlaps with that of black women and at this point both black gay men and women give and take from in other in this capacity. Which makes sense they are around each other/friends/family.

But why do nonblack men and in particular white gay men act like flamboyant black women and black gays? I know other nonblack gay men do the same too but I noticed that the gay Hispanic men tend to be similar to Hispanic women, but not gay white men. You'd think white gay men would have similar personalities and speech/slang to white women but they don't. Often it seems like they are in black face. Also it doesn't seem like they come up with anything themselves, they seem to take a lot from the black gay community. And I've known plenty gay white men. I've asked before but they play oblivious.

It's strange to me, they don't particularly adopt much from of anything from white women or come up with much on their own. I know we don't have many gay men in here but I just want to know if y'all have noticed this? What do you think of it?

Malt-O-Meal

Banned
Daps
@Jayne
Since you're part of the LGBT community, I'd like your input. I find this very weird. Do you find this to be true or could it be that it's just the ones I've encountered and tv making it appear this way. Do you feel anyway about this?

GilSho

Veteran
Daps
They act like gay black men not black women. A lot of slang BW use originated from gay brothas.