Why am I not suprised.....that Tom Hanks pirate movie is getting Oscar buzz already

Daps
Reppin
NULL
http://www.thewrap.com/captain-phillips-reviews-is-tom-hanks-thriller-oscar-bound/

white hero - check
black villans - check

looks like another hollywood hit

“Paul Greengrass’ ‘Captain Phillips’ is plainly one of the best films of the year,” Tapley wrote. “It’s the best work the director has offered to date and it features a detailed, ultimately emotional performance from Tom Hanks that is sure to draw kudos.”

:comeon: look at the promo shots they have of the pirates
captain-phillips-Faysal-Ahmed-Barkhad-Abdi-Barkhad-Abdirahman-Mahat-Ali.jpg

can't believe these nikkas agreed to this.....they makin them look like monsters

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama

Krispy

#FreeBigLurch
Daps
Reppin
UK
Oh God it's Tom Hanks :banderas:
The racial stuff is forgotten when it's Tom Hanks

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Toussaint L'overture and Nat Turner's revolts were also true stories but I'm not seeing movies made of them. There is a white agenda in hollywood. Which is to make white people look good and to demonize black people.

So in a film based on a true story about Somali pirates. You want the Somali Pirates hijacking the ship to be portrayed as the good guys?

Daps
Reppin
Birmingham, Alabama
Toussaint L'overture and Nat Turner's revolts were also true stories but I'm not seeing movies made of them. There is a white agenda in hollywood. Which is to make white people look good and to demonize black people.

You know what you are absolutely right. I mean there must be HUNDREDS of examples of this in film. Could you provide me a few or list such films so I can avoid them.