Who’s your Mt. Rushmore of wrestling families?

TL15

Veteran
Daps
:jbhmm:

I know we got the Anoa’i family gotta be #1 but who are your personal top 4 families and why?

We got Harts
Rhodes
McMahon
Von Erich
Flair (:ehh:)
Orton
Funk
Guererro

Feel free to add on :manny:

Trips

Superstar
Daps
The Anoa'i are the clear number 1 and it's only going to get wider as time goes on. Cause like the thread said theres a million of them motherfukkers. And they are clearly getting better each generation. Also have to give some props to Sika/Afa training guys not related to them. Feel like they have a school somewhere.

The Harts are a strong number 2 simply for the repeated generations in the game and the number of people the family was responsible for training in the past and moving forward with TJ and Nattie. Also feel we have to be close to a 4th Gen Hart coming up if there isn't already one/or multiple actually wrestling.

Though the family doesn't own it anymore. The McMahons have to be third. Just for what was started, what was built, and basically how if you ask the person on the street what is pro wrestling they would say WWE.

I think i'll put the Mil Mascaras/Dos Caros line up as number 4. The elder half pretty much are the patron saints of Lucha Libre. And despite what a collosal fukk up he turned into. ADR had a lot of promise early on that he pissed away. Also feel there are 2 or three other pretty solid stars after the big 3, but aren't bigger outside of Mexico in the way of the others.

A couple that weren't mentioned:

The Mulligan-Rotunda clan is going to have a solid legacy for sure. Blackjack, and Barry, plus the what if around Bray. IRS was a really solid worker. Kendall kind of just existed. Books still open on Bo.

The Colons - Pretty much the flagship of Puerto Rico. Though from what I've read kind of some scumbags but they have their place.

I'm a Mr. Perfect mark - so I gotta shout out the Hennig's just because. For Perfect. Larry was great, and you know Curtis Axl was a thing that existed haha.

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
A'noai
Harts
Von Erichs
Dudleys :russ:

But the 4th is tough
I'll go with the Rhodes

Shout out to the Henning, Orton, and Valentine families.

TheSuperkick!

The Ultimate Madness!
Supporter
Daps
Can/Should you really count the Flairs? I know there have been 4, but really it's just the 2.

I would like to put the Mysterios/Misterios in contention. Rey Misterio Sr. paved the way for Rey Jr. and Rey Jr. is a big part of making Lucha big outside of Mexico. So many guys of today mention Rey on their short list, no pun, as a reason they got into wrestling. No only that, the dude sells a metric ton of merch and has for DECADES. Plus, Rey himself has got to be on the Lucha Libre Mount Rushmore with guys like Santo and Mascaras. That fact should automatically get him and his family access. Then you come to Dominick. He's become his own man away from Rey. They did everything they needed together and now Dom is more than set up for success for when Rey finally hangs up the mask. That's 3 successful generations of Lucha Libre right there.

This is actually a tough question. Wrestling is just so damned global and has been going for a hundred years. To narrow it down to just 4 families is tough as fukk. You feel like you're leaving someone out. Especially when you have guys like the Rhodes who are 3 generations of wrestling with just 3 guys. But then you have dynasties like the Anoai and Hart families.

Anoai
Harts
Mysterios
Rhodes

That would be my 4.

I wonder what things would have looked like had the Von Erichs not been stricken with tragedy over the years though.