Whos your favorite Director and Why?

HipHopStan

Top 113 Poster
Daps
Reppin
I LIVE IN A CARDBOARD BOX!
For me? Scorsese or Spielberg. Both directors have so many classics that I can put in anytime and enjoy despite seeing said movie over 100 times. I even find new things in some of them that I had never noticed before. :ehh:

Big Dick

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yeah I'm gonna have to be Mr. Cliche and say Scorsesse. I'm not like a film student or anything so I can't give any technical reasoning, the tracking shot in Goodfellas and some shyt in a Wolf of Wall Street come to mind I guess, but really it's just that every movie I've seen from him has been piff. Literally every one.

DosCadenaz

Superstar
Daps
Hitchcock.
He uses his camera in a way that adds to the story. You could watch films on silent and know what's going on.
Also check this out. Not a lot of people got it like this

Second is kubrick followed by Scorsese or Spielberg

R-Typ3

All Star
Daps
Joe Carnahan-He's a fan just like we are..You can tell he loves the process

Michael Mann-Always makes you.wanna go back and catch the stuff you.missed the first 5 times

Spike Lee- My man 100 grand always making us think long after it's over

Kathryn Bigelow-Nothin like a woman's touch on action/sci fi Point Break..Strange Days..Detroit

MartyMcFly

What's up doc, can we rock?
Daps
Reppin
P.G. County
Spielberg is my number one. He just gets movies. Like the shyt is in his blood. And he always finds a way to make even his most "blockbuster" type flicks be personal and that's not always easy. he can walk the line between being very commercial but very artistic and nothing is frivolous.

Also Fincher and Shane Black

TRIPLE M

This is Where the Power Lies
Daps
Tony Scott, he's one of the most underrated filmmakers, his movies are all beautifully shot and evolved as he matured
And if you pay attention to his work he's quite influential

Mr. Manhattan

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Tarantino, love the dialouge scenes leading to a violent encounter, the unconventional characters
Everyone who works with him puts on a A+ effort in performance

Oh and peep the avi

IllustratorMike

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Native of the NYC, getting fed in the Big D!
Spielberg is my number one. He just gets movies. Like the shyt is in his blood. And he always finds a way to make even his most "blockbuster" type flicks be personal and that's not always easy. he can walk the line between being very commercial but very artistic and nothing is frivolous

Saving Private Ryan is arguably my favorite war film. Story, cinematography and Spielberg kept shyt real with the body count in that opening sequence. :damn:
None of that "charge, rah, rah!"John Wayne bullshyt or COD game.