WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
The Lakers are a joke of a franchise.

Nepotism is killing the Lakers.

Jeanie is only the owner because she was Jerry's daughter.

Pelinka is only the gm because he was Kobe's agent.

Rambis is only the senior basketball advisor because he played for the Lakers and was Phil's assistant.

Linda Rambis is only a Lakers Executive because she is Kurt Rambis' wife and Jeanie's best friend.

I didnt even mention the other Buss family members in Executive positions.

This shyt was bound to fail.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Put high IQ 3 and D players around Lebron and AD and the team thrives. None of the guards on this current team can guard anyone except Christie who is still developing. Letting go KCP and Caruso was stupid. They need to find a way to get a guy like Royce Oneal.

This.

In a perfect world, we have KCP, Caruso and a Danny Green type player around LeBron in all rotations, and Cantstop has nothing to blame Bron for because they would be rolling.

On the flipside, and this is where I disagree with Bron stans-- LeBron HAS to give effort on both sides of the ball. I don't care what these nikkas saying-- LeBron plays LAZY. He gives up wide open layups all the time, a habit that started with Miami where they would yell at guys like Mario Chalmers.

I've been following Bron since his high school days and I to this day have his high school mixtape on DVD because I'm a real fukking Old Head that has been watching basketball since the 90s-- I know exactly what LeBron is capable of.

He didn't try last night. He's clearly upset about something. But I don't care, if you on the floor, PLAY. :martin:

My coach (Pat Roy, Inglewood High School) would have KILLED me for that type of shyt. It's sad seeing it from a professional.

VegasCAC

Leader of #CACset
Supporter
Daps

Rambis is only the senior basketball advisor because he played for the Lakers and was Phil's assistant.

Linda Rambis is only a Lakers Executive because she is Kurt Rambis' wife and Jeanie's best friend.

The Lakers are a Mom and Pop shop competing against corporations in terms of organization and personnel

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
This.

In a perfect world, we have KCP, Caruso and a Danny Green type player around LeBron in all rotations, and Cantstop has nothing to blame Bron for because they would be rolling.

On the flipside, and this is where I disagree with Bron stans-- LeBron HAS to give effort on both sides of the ball. I don't care what these nikkas saying-- LeBron plays LAZY. He gives up wide open layups all the time, a habit that started with Miami where they would yell at guys like Mario Chalmers.

I've been following Bron since his high school days and I to this day have his high school mixtape on DVD because I'm a real fukking Old Head that has been watching basketball since the 90s-- I know exactly what LeBron is capable of.

He didn't try last night. He's clearly upset about something. But I don't care, if you on the floor, PLAY. :martin:

My coach (Pat Roy, Inglewood High School) would have KILLED me for that type of shyt. It's sad seeing it from a professional.
Agreed to a certain extent but not fully

LeBron is lazy for sure, but his issues on the defensive end shouldn't even register as issues ahead of almost 80% of the roster. DLO and Austin are atrocious defenders at this point, and they are the reason why Darvin has had lineup changes. They can't have them play together because they are so bad as a duo. Prince is being tasked to be one of your main perimeter defenders, and he just cant be that guy (not really his fault), Hayes and Wood are horrendous backup bigs and make it so AD can't get rest without the defense cratering on the inside. Rui can't see major minutes because he can't switch and will get killed by fast guards, so he gets hidden in certain rotations and can't see the floor.

Those are all MASSIVE issues before any of LeBron's defensive deficiencies even see start into the conversation.

Regular_P

Just end the season.
Daps
I've been saying since the season began Doc will eventually take over and I'm looking forward to it. Ham is completely inept as a coach. He has no idea what he's doing and has completely fukked up the continuity of this team with his garbage rotations.

Reaves, Rui and even DLo (besides the Denver series) played well during the playoffs last season. One would expect the coach to lean on them this season with LeBron and AD to build upon that chemistry. Instead, Rui's been in the doghouse and Reaves/DLo have had their roles yo-yo'd around all season.

Yes, there are some roster issues but they have AD playing at an all-world level and LeBron is still an All-NBA player. They should not be this bad. The coach is failing them.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Agreed to a certain extent but not fully

LeBron is lazy for sure, but his issues on the defensive end shouldn't even register as issues ahead of almost 80% of the roster. DLO and Austin are atrocious defenders at this point, and they are the reason why Darvin has had lineup changes. They can't have them play together because they are so bad as a duo. Prince is being tasked to be one of your main perimeter defenders, and he just cant be that guy (not really his fault), Hayes and Wood are horrendous backup bigs and make it so AD can't get rest without the defense cratering on the inside. Rui can't see major minutes because he can't switch and will get killed by fast guards, so he gets hidden in certain rotations and can't see the floor.

Those are all MASSIVE issues before any of LeBron's defensive deficiencies even see start into the conversation.

This reads as if you took my post as blaming LeBron for our defensive lapses.

No, Bron is but one of our poor defenders, but he's only poor due to lack of effort. I believe LeBron has the physicality, instincts and athleticism to be one of the best wing defenders in the NBA, still at 39.

My problem with LeBron is his effort. You can see in some games, he refuses to drive to the rim, electing to take dumb 3s, awkward one leg fadeaways, etc. In most games, once a defender gets blown by, he'll give up a free layup, usually to a smaller player. LeBron has been playing power forward for the Lakers-- YOU CANNOT DO THAT AS THE FOUR. You are the only line of defense after AD gets preoccupied.

It's like, you can't be lackadaisical on BOTH sides of the ball. Give me one side, at least. This is why I don't really shyt on AD-- if AD is stinking up the joint on offense, he's at least giving effort on defense and altering shots to a degree that's effective at making offensive players think twice. LeBron doesn't do this, and it's incredibly frustrating.

Playing LeBron at the 4 is one of the stupidest mistakes any team can make. He's always on the perimeter, hardly ever cuts, and will not go for rebounds these days. This is why we're one of the worst 2nd chance points teams, because our "four" thinks he's a guard when he's on the floor, and the other team's frontcourt double team AD, so we never get offensive rebounds unless Vanderbilt is in the game.

Austin Reaves has the same offensive rebounds as LeBron this year, despite not starting, playing less minutes, being a guard, and being less athletic.

Screenshot-2024-01-04-144105.png

Screenshot-2024-01-04-144045.png

:yeshrug:

dubsmith_nz

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Aotearoa
Man Bron should of just sat that game out, he clearly didn't want to play. At least Christie and Wood stepped up with Reaves and AD.

That 3 point shooting is a serious issue, we'll never win if we can't work it out.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple

Yeah she's a bimbo

Get a real GM in here but the Rambi have their own agenda they like having influence

She has no business running the basketball and hiring Rob Pelinka because of Kobe shyt is ridiculous

The dude was scheming behind Magic's back and her dunderhead ass let him rock

I thought Magic and her were like Brother and Sister?

:mjpls: