WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
What potential player(s) would fill the need? I don't see any vet pg or defensive big that could be had.
Gafford, or Nick Richards as a backup 5 to me makes the most sense and fills that role and aren't too expensive in a trade scenario

The PG position is the tough one.. There is no perfect player out there, which is why Murray to me isn't that bad of an option. Him, LeBron, Reaves as playmakers on the team aren't ideal but in a playoff series you can def run with those 3 and be alright.

Reaves isn't getting traded, he's an invaluable piece to this team, so however you gotta make it work while keeping Reaves you do that. It's too bad that Gabe Vincent isnt playing cause he would be an additional piece you could dangle for trade value

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
Maybe the same numbers, but Murray is two inches taller than D-Lo and is a much better defender.

I agree that his 3pt shot can't be trusted, but he can't be worse than what D-Lo did in the WCF last year. At least Murray plays both ends.

Right Swap him and Dlo and this is a title contender. They already have the offensive production they just need a 2way guard that can give you at least 15ppg. That and they also need Rui to be more consistent at the wing position and they are a contender. He needs to give them 15ppg as well.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Daps
No trade is fixing this team. At some point this trade shyt has to end but it's not gonna anytime soon

Lakers top 5 scorers:

Celtics top 5 scorers:

Lakers the have the offensive firepower but they need a few things in order to be in the top tier of teams.

1. AD needs to keep up his hot scoring streak and get to at least 27ppg.
2. Rui needs to get to about 15ppg
3. They need to swap up Dlo with a guard with the same offensive production and better defense.
4. Need a backup big.
5. Ham needs to be better overall.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
Idk why people are going on about how no trade is going to fix this team?

There have been posters like myself and others that have been going on and on since the beginning of the year about the Lakers needing a better PG and backup C in order to make them title contenders. They negotiated all these contracts in order for this very thing to happen.

The worst parts of this team are those 2 issues, and Darvin Ham. In a playoff series Lebron/AD minimizes Darvin, and if you get a competent PG who can defend you're infinitely better.

AD and Bron have been amazing. It's the rotations, and PG/backup C that have led to struggles

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Comparing D'lo to Murray is just lazy. Murray is worlds better defensively and is a better scorer as well. They aren't comparable as players.

I agree.

The problem with D'Lo is that he's Rocket's Harden without the offensive bag.

Remember that old video of Harden on defense? That's exactly how D'Lo plays, that fake ass stunt to let a dude shoot an open shot, running BEHIND the offensive player after getting screened, that stupid ass behind-the-player reaching.

D'Lo be on this type of time :snoop:

I've never had a major problem with Russell, but he clearly doesn't fit with this team. I'd been going back and forth with who was better out of him and Reaves, and Austin has gotten him out the paint for me.

It's time to move on from bro, as much as I hate to say that about an original Laker draftee...

Last edited:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
And this delusional post got two daps

I wish people would learn a most basic fact about the NBA: No matter how much you like them and how well you think they’re playing- PLAYERS FROM NINTH SEEDS ARE NOT MVP CANDIDATES.
If their record was better, they have put up the performances to be to that level.. which is the point of the post

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
And this delusional post got two daps

I wish people would learn a most basic fact about the NBA: No matter how much you like them and how well you think they’re playing- PLAYERS FROM NINTH SEEDS ARE NOT MVP CANDIDATES.

They were 15-10 six games ago

Russell Westbrook won the MVP as the 6th seed.

There is more to the MVP than simply record. A lot of that has to do with narratives, especially narratives prior to the season starting. This is why Jokic was continuously in the MVP talks at the very beginning of the season.

I agree that we shouldn't be talking about MVP at this moment. But that goes for everyone: people giving the MVP to Jokic and Embiid in December-- both those guys could get injured and then what?

NBA season doesn't begin to solidify until after All-Star Weekend anyway

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Lakers the have the offensive firepower but they need a few things in order to be in the top tier of teams.

My analysis is this:

- The in-game adjustments need to be WAY better. From what we saw in the OKC game, the current starting line up is effective at keeping the other team from scoring, but is only effective offensively when LeBron is engaged. That makes sense-- LeBron is the only scoring threat that can create offense for himself in that lineup, and AD is not great at getting his own shot. What we saw in the Cs game was that a passive LeBron messes with the scoring efficiency. I don't understand why LeBron hasn't recognized that, in that lineup, it's HE that needs to be the head of the snake. I've complained about his passive 1st quarters for a while now.

- The current starting lineup (when LeBron is being passive) needs to change depending on opponent. The Cs were a great example of how changing the gameplan could have benefitted the Lakers earlier on, instead of having them fight from a deficit, which seems to be our identity. The lineup worked against OKC because LeBron put his head down and went to the bucket.

- AD has been massively great for the Lakers, and I have very few complaints about him. There are times where he's passive, but other than that, I have come to expect AD to have a good night on at least one side of the ball.

- Rui needs more burn, whether that ends up in the starting 5 or a more effective bench role like Reaves has gotten. 30 Minutes a game should be standard. I want Rui shooting nothing but Derozan shots-- pure middies, all game. Look at the games Rui got 30 minutes vs not:

Screenshot-917.png

:francis:

- Prince has been great. He might make good on his 40% promise. Don't want him guarding Kevin Durant ever again, though.

- D'Lo should be traded. He's been very bad, and gets too many minutes for him to be that bad. He literally has no impact on the game positively. I like his attitude in general, and I wish him well, but we can't afford for our (former) starting guard to look like this in the playoffs:

Screenshot-916.png

- Vando hasn't been great offensively, but then again, that's not what he's being asked to do. He's a great cutter, so I would like to see some sets with him diving to the basket, and maybe Bron can find him for some easy layups and lobs. If his man is cheating off him anyway, he should be open for a few backdoors and whatnot. This would take coaching, though...

- Darvin Ham is the Lakers' biggest problem. He doesn't adjust, his lineups leave you scratching your head, he DNPs players for no explicable reason, and Bron and AD wave his calls off, publicly. While we were getting slapped by the Cs in the first quarter, he made no adjustment to the lineup. We were down 12-0 if memory serves, and it's at that point where you go "hmm, this isn't working, let's try something else"

- If we are going to adjust the starting lineup (and still keep D'Lo on the bench), I'd like to see

Reaves
Bron
Rui
Wood
AD

Wood plays well alongside Davis, and gives the Lakers much needed rebounding and length. I always see AD as the only guy fighting for boards when Vando is not in the game. Rui gives you size, midrange scoring and decent rebounding, and Reaves is our only available guard.

Mix it up, use the depth we have, see what happens. It's still very early into the season, and there are 51 games left. We have a lot of plug and play guys, but they don't get played because our coach can't adjust for his life.

Last edited:

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
My analysis is this:

- The in-game adjustments need to be WAY better. From what we saw in the OKC game, the current starting line up is effective at keeping the other team from scoring, but is only effective offensively when LeBron is engaged. That makes sense-- LeBron is the only scoring threat that can create offense for himself in that lineup, and AD is not great at getting his own shot. What we saw in the Cs game was that a passive LeBron messes with the scoring efficiency. I don't understand why LeBron hasn't recognized that, in that lineup, it's HE that needs to be the head of the snake. I've complained about his passive 1st quarters for a while now.

- The current starting lineup (when LeBron is being passive) needs to change depending on opponent. The Cs were a great example of how changing the gameplan could have benefitted the Lakers earlier on, instead of having them fight from a deficit, which seems to be our identity. The lineup worked against OKC because LeBron put his head down and went to the bucket.

- AD has been massively great for the Lakers, and I have very few complaints about him. There are times where he's passive, but other than that, I have come to expect AD to have a good night on at least one side of the ball.

- Rui needs more burn, whether that ends up in the starting 5 or a more effective bench role like Reaves has gotten. 30 Minutes a game should be standard. I want Rui shooting nothing but Derozan shots-- pure middies, all game.

- Prince has been great. He might make good on his 40% promise. Don't want him guarding Kevin Durant ever again, though.

- D'Lo should be traded. He's been very bad, and gets too many minutes for him to be that bad. He literally has no impact on the game positively. I like his attitude in general, and I wish him well, but we can't afford for our (former) starting guard to look like this in the playoffs:

Screenshot-916.png

- Vando hasn't been great offensively, but then again, that's not what he's being asked to do. He's a great cutter, so I would like to see some sets with him diving to the basket, and maybe Bron can find him for some easy layups and lobs. If his man is cheating off him anyway, he should be open for a few backdoors and whatnot. This would take coaching, though...

- Darvin Ham is the Lakers' biggest problem. He doesn't adjust, his lineups leave you scratching your head, he DNPs players for no explicable reason, and Bron and AD wave his calls off, publicly. While we were getting slapped by the Cs in the first quarter, he made no adjustment to the lineup. We were down 12-0 if memory serves, and it's at that point where you go "hmm, this isn't working, let's try something else"

- If we are going to adjust the starting lineup (and still keep D'Lo on the bench), I'd like to see

Reaves
Bron
Rui
Wood
AD

Wood plays well alongside Davis, and gives the Lakers much needed rebounding and length. I always see AD as the only guy fighting for boards when Vando is not in the game. Rui gives you size, midrange scoring and decent rebounding, and Reaves is our only available guard.

Mix it up, use the depth we have, see what happens. It's still very early into the season, and there are 51 games left. We have a lot of plug and play guys, but they don't get played because our coach can't adjust for his life.
I agree with a lot of this and disagree with some

The lineup change worked against the Thunder because they are pretty small, and that lineup change makes the Lakers HUGE compared to them. It doesn't work against the C's because they are all just as big and vastly better players 3-5.. they were easily able to get transition points because they were forcing AD and Bron to take heavily contested shots sagging off Vando and Reddish and canceling out the half court defense by scoring in transition. Also it worked because LeBron was hitting from 3, which negated the defense camping in the paint

LeBron has been arguably the best 4th qt player in the NBA and that's because he hasnt been "score first" mentality to start the game... That's they way he 1000% should play. Lakers need to lean on AD/Reaves/Rui/DLO level players to produce through 3qts and LeBron takes over in the 4th in the scoring mentality.

Agreed on AD, he's been amazing. Agreed on Rui, he needs to play 27+ min a game, Reaves needs to play 30+.

DLO was always gonna be gone, and he's been a big issue with this lineup. If he was a league average defender, Lakers would be in such a better place. But as of now he's unplayable when his shot isn't falling. He's not a typical PG.

Vando has been a HUGE problem offensively, and I've heard/read the defensive scheme has changed to actually lean into his strengths at the cost of leaving the guards (DLO, Reaves) to suffer.

Darvin has been horrific.

Hayes isn't being used correctly. He's not good, but they aren't even using him to his full strength which is a rim running big ala Javele McGee. They got him sitting in the corner sometimes.. why?! I don't understand if they are asking for that of your big then you 1000% play Wood over him.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The lineup change worked against the Thunder because they are pretty small, and that lineup change makes the Lakers HUGE compared to them. It doesn't work against the C's because they are all just as big and vastly better players 3-5.

I think the Celtics simply have a better starting 5 offensively speaking no matter what lineup we put out there.

My issue with you is that you've been really down on Reddish and Vando for being offensively limited defensive guys :lolbron:

It's like breh, we already knew that lol

Those guys just need to be put in better position to succeed. Both of them have their uses offensively, we just don't run shyt for them because our offense is ISO/PnR heavy, and the pick and rolls we run are on-ball instead of off-ball like how the Warriors do.

I'm going to keep banging this drum-- Reddish is one of the best corner three point shooters in the NBA. He shoots 11% better than the league average from that specific spot:

Screenshot-918.png

This shows that our coach doesn't pay attention in film sessions. Reddish is always out of position, and simply having sets where Cam finds himself in this corner more often than not will open him up as an offensive threat when he's in the game.

I already spoke about Vando; increase his activity level running around the floor, trying to cut, backdoor or dive to the basket. I don't expect much offensively from him, but he's good for a lob or two.

LeBron has been arguably the best 4th qt player in the NBA and that's because he hasnt been "score first" mentality to start the game...

This doesn't matter. If they're going to run with this lineup, LeBron HAS to be the guy. The idea behind this lineup is to not play from behind all game, and in order to do that, LeBron has to look to score.

That's what you saw work against OKC and what you didn't see against the Celtics. Bro, LeBron let AD, Reddish and Prince bring the ball up multiple times last night-- no matter how you look at this, LeBron was being passive. He didn't want the ball in his own hands. He was obviously operating as if the Lakers had another point guard in that line up

It's true Kristaps' length bothered LeBron. But he didn't even ATTEMPT outside shots last night. He took 2 threes the entire game :francis:

This is all if they're going to keep the current lineup (which I suspect they won't). If they do, LeBron CANNOT save himself for the 4th quarter, because there won't be a 4th quarter to come back to.

We saw the experiment: it's time to change the lineup. I'd be willing to see how the current lineup does against the Hornets (which is a team I FULLY expect to beat), but if they're not going to get a fully engaged LeBron, change the lineup.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
I think the Celtics simply have a better starting 5 offensively speaking no matter what lineup we put out there.

My issue with you is that you've been really down on Reddish and Vando for being offensively limited defensive guys :lolbron:

It's like breh, we already knew that lol

Those guys just need to be put in better position to succeed. Both of them have their uses offensively, we just don't run shyt for them because our offense is ISO/PnR heavy, and the pick and rolls we run are on-ball instead of off-ball like how the Warriors do.

I'm going to keep banging this drum-- Reddish is one of the best corner three point shooters in the NBA. He shoots 11% better than the league average from that specific spot:

Screenshot-918.png

This shows that our coach doesn't pay attention in film sessions. Reddish is always out of position, and simply having sets where Cam finds himself in this corner more often than not will open him up as an offensive threat when he's in the game.

I already spoke about Vando; increase his activity level running around the floor, trying to cut, backdoor or dive to the basket. I don't expect much offensively from him, but he's good for a lob or two.

This doesn't matter. If they're going to run with this lineup, LeBron HAS to be the guy. The idea behind this lineup is to not play from behind all game, and in order to do that, LeBron has to look to score.

That's what you saw work against OKC and what you didn't see against the Celtics. Bro, LeBron let AD, Reddish and Prince bring the ball up multiple times last night-- no matter how you look at this, LeBron was being passive. He didn't want the ball in his own hands. He was obviously operating as if the Lakers had another point guard in that line up

It's true Kristaps' length bothered LeBron. But he didn't even ATTEMPT outside shots last night. He took 2 threes the entire game :francis:

This is all if they're going to keep the current lineup (which I suspect they won't). If they do, LeBron CANNOT save himself for the 4th quarter, because there won't be a 4th quarter to come back to.

We saw the experiment: it's time to change the lineup. I'd be willing to see how the current lineup does against the Hornets (which is a team I FULLY expect to beat), but if they're not going to get a fully engaged LeBron, change the lineup.
I hear a lot of this and maybe I'm too hard on Vando but I don't like him AT ALL to start the year. He's been bad to me.

I actually like Reddish. I just can't see him and Vando play together anymore

If I'm LeBron I'm not bailing Darvin out on his dumbass scheme/rotations he continues to trot out there. I'm gonna continue to pace myself until the 4th qt where I can take over.

It's one thing if it's late in the season or playoffs .. but I'm not covering for Darvins fuk ups because he refuses to trot out the most obvious rotations. Make it obvious it's dumb AF early in the year and force him to never trot out this lineup ever again.

Here's a decent convo about the Lakers I started listening to