WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Flex Luger

Job Is Finished
Daps
Joker gonna kill 'em regardless

f40f47ab-ce75-4f11-8f01-d9aa6ace14b4.jpg

ALonelyDad

Veteran
Daps
Defense has the ability and is trending towards being top 3 in the NBA

It really boils down to offensive production. Prince has been trending upward in his 3pt %, Reaves has been coming back around and better since Reddish/Vando have been able to solve that horrendous defensive backcourt issues we had, DLO has been much better than last year, Rui coming back from injury and will hopefully get more offensively

The pieces are there, and DLO + a rim protecting big are the only real issues going forward
Shooting will still be the biggest issue for me unless this team shows a larger sample. AD's shot including midrange is completely broken. The wings are pretty inconsistent. LeBron is also shooting out of his mind right now. I remember reading some stat on how bad the shooting was against the Suns and it was such a rare win. We will see what the sample is till deadline before making moves

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
It's all about matchups. We do not match up well with the Nuggets.

You think the Clippers match up better with the Nuggets? :martin:

Let's just say I heavily disagree.

Look, I ain't worried about the Nuggets like all you nikkas seem to be. In the playoffs, they faced a Bron that couldn't jump, a shortened rotation because Beasley became unplayable, and D'Lo absolutely taking a shyt, while they shot 2009 ECF Orlando Magic numbers.

That's 40% from 3, better than any version of Golden State from 2015-2019!

Screenshot-809.png

And somehow:

Denver 132 LA 126 Game 1
Denver 108 LA 105 Game 2
Denver 119 LA 108 Game 3
Denver 113 LA 111 Game 4

In case y'all can't do math, that's 6 points, 3 points, 8 points, and 2 points.

Literally everything went Denver's way that series, and they barely beat us every game, by an average of 4.75 points.

What the fukk y'all scared for? :dahell:

LeBron is healthy, Reaves is playing better, we have another POA defender in Reddish, and we're a top 5 defense in the NBA, soon to be top 4.

We will beat the Nuggets in a 7 game series if we are healthy.

Quote me. I'ma stand on it. :unimpressed:

FireFatMike

Get him outta here!!!!!!
Daps
Reppin
Everywhere

Look, I ain't worried about the Nuggets like all you nikkas seem to be. In the playoffs, they faced a Bron that couldn't jump, a shortened rotation because Beasley became unplayable, and D'Lo absolutely taking a shyt, while they shot 2009 ECF Orlando Magic numbers.

Screenshot-809.png

And somehow:

Denver 132 LA 126 Game 1
Denver 108 LA 105 Game 2
Denver 119 LA 108 Game 3
Denver 113 LA 111 Game 4

Literally everything went Denver's way that series, and they barely beat us every game, by an average of 4.75 points.

LeBron is healthy, Reaves is playing better, we have another POA defender in Reddish, and we're a top 5 defense in the NBA, soon to be top 4.

I agree. With a healthy Bron and with more wing defenders, we not losing to the Nuggets.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps
The key to the Nuggets series will be holding Murray to a manageable level, and not let him go nuclear like he did last year.. and to take advantage of the bench matchups

Jokic will get his, hold Murray down and hit your open 3's and Lakers win in 6-7 (with this current version of Bron)

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps

Screenshot-809.png

And somehow:

Denver 132 LA 126 Game 1
Denver 108 LA 105 Game 2
Denver 119 LA 108 Game 3
Denver 113 LA 111 Game 4

@CantStop look at this shyt :pachaha:

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
The key to the Nuggets series will be holding Murray to a manageable level, and not let him go nuclear like he did last year.. and to take advantage of the bench matchups

Jokic will get his, hold Murray down and hit your open 3's and Lakers win in 6-7 (with this current version of Bron)

I've been a fan of Murray for the past 4 years. I was the guy saying he's going to be a star in the NBA (and some weirdo Coli nikka tried to argue me down about it lol).

But in a matchup where he's being hounded by Cam or Vando (or potentially Caruso :myman:), he's not doing what he did last year.

Nuggets lost their X factor in Brown, who exploited D'Lo, and created matchup problems which lead to Murray being able to play as free as he did. With the defense as it currently exists today, I don't see Murray being able to force bad matchups UNLESS he's hunting D'Lo specifically all game.

With Vando back in the lineups, and now Cam and Prince to defend wings, we match up better with this version of the Nuggets.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
Why you tagging nikkas I always body in these types of arguments :sas1:

I guess you can't refute anything I said :sas2:
They barely beat us... but we got SWEPT. We are worse at the point guard position. We have no one to matchup with Murray. It's silly to thing that the Lebron we see now will be same version that we will see in the playoffs. No one on the roster can guard the Joker. That's one of the series where we won't have the best player. The Nuggets has the better and more talented roster. We played them a few weeks ago and got our asses handed to us. But yall can continue living in fantasy land.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
They barely beat us... but we got SWEPT

This is the most overblown talking point about that series. A rebound goes our way, a loose ball, D'Lo playing up to his normal standards, they don't get swept, and probably win all four of those games and we sweep THEM.

It's basketball, small things like that change the outcome. We see it all the time-- remember those free throws Davis missed last year leading up to the Playoffs?

:manny:

We are worse at the point guard position

While I miss Schroder, how are we WORSE at the PG position? :what:

- Vincent hasn't been able to play, and most people would consider him a better player than Dennis.
- Westbrook is a net negative player for LAL, so losing him made us better.
- D'Lo is still here, and he's playing better than last year

The worst you could say is that we have Reaves playing PG, which isn't inherently a bad thing, but we are not fully healthy yet, and are still looking to make moves. You can't make a declaration like that until you see all our guys playing together.

Besides, LeBron is still the best Point Guard on either team.

We have no one to matchup with Murray

Reddish and Vanderbilt can both guard Murray, and if we make a move for Caruso, Alex will guard him.

It's silly to thing that the Lebron we see now will be same version that we will see in the playoffs

It's literally not. LeBron James has ALWAYS elevated his play in the playoffs when healthy. You are arguing from ignorance:

Screenshot-811.png

Screenshot-810.png

No one on the roster can guard the Joker

One player doesn't beat a complete basketball team. Otherwise LeBron would have 10 Championships and Jokic would have more than 1.

That's one of the series where we won't have the best player

LeBron James is still the best basketball player in the NBA. Don't care how you wishy washy nikkas feel about this statement, we just saw him drop 30/5/5 in 23 minutes.

Show me Jokic doing that. :unimpressed:

We played them a few weeks ago and got our asses handed to us

Nikka, were we fully healthy when we played them, or were we missing our best defender that game? Did AD have a good game or a bad game?

When you gonna be honest about this shyt?

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
This is the most overblown talking point about that series. A rebound goes our way, a loose ball, D'Lo playing up to his normal standards, they don't get swept, and probably win all four of those games and we sweep THEM.

It's basketball, small things like that change the outcome. We see it all the time-- remember those free throws Davis missed last year leading up to the Playoffs?

:manny:

While I miss Schroder, how are we WORSE at the PG position? :what:

- Vincent hasn't been able to play, and most people would consider him a better player than Dennis.
- Westbrook is a net negative player for LAL, so losing him made us better.
- D'Lo is still here, and he's playing better than last year

The worst you could say is that we have Reaves playing PG, which isn't inherently a bad thing, but we are not fully healthy yet, and are still looking to make moves. You can't make a declaration like that until you see all our guys playing together.

Besides, LeBron is still the best Point Guard on either team.

Reddish and Vanderbilt can both guard Murray, and if we make a move for Caruso, Alex will guard him.

It's literally not. LeBron James has ALWAYS elevated his play in the playoffs when healthy. You are arguing from ignorance:

Screenshot-811.png

Screenshot-810.png

One player doesn't beat a complete basketball team. Otherwise LeBron would have 10 Championships and Jokic would have more than 1.

LeBron James is still the best basketball player in the NBA. Don't care how you wishy washy nikkas feel about this statement, we just saw him drop 30/5/5 in 23 minutes.

Show me Jokic doing that. :unimpressed:

Nikka, were we fully healthy when we played them, or were we missing our best defender that game? Did AD have a good game or a bad game?

When you gonna be honest about this shyt?
What the fukk did I just read?

Gabe Vincent is better than Dennis Schroder?

Lebron James is the best player in the NBA?

Lebron is 39.. Ever since the bubble Lebron's play has fallen off in the playoffs. Mostly due to injuries.

D'lo is a notoriously a terrible playoff performer. You want him to be something he hasn't ever shown to be. Why are you bringing up Caruso? He is a bull. The chances of him joining the Lakers is slim to none.

Why are you asking if AD had a good or bad game? Are you new to watching AD? That's who AD is. Very inconsistent. One day he looks like the best player in the league and in the very next he doesn't even look like a top 30 player. That's what you should expect from him.

The Lakers as currently constructed has ZERO chance of beating the Nuggets.

Th3Birdman

Rookie of The Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
Gabe Vincent is better than Dennis Schroder?

I didn't say that. I prefer DS-- he was my favorite Laker last year outside of Bron :snoop:

I said most people would say he is. He shoots a better percentage in every area of the game except FG: 3p, 2p, FT. He averages more steals. It's a very lateral move, all things considered, but Gabe gets the edge defensively just based on numbers.

Lebron James is the best player in the NBA?

This is not a new quote from me. I've been saying it since I got here.

Again, I don't give a fukk about your incredulity, show me Jokic getting 30/5/5 on 100/75/100 shooting in less than 23 minutes.

You can't because he's never done it. Michael Jordan has never done that.

Lebron is 39.. Ever since the bubble Lebron's play has fallen off in the playoffs. Mostly due to injuries

It's almost like I said:

LeBron James has ALWAYS elevated his play in the playoffs when healthy

Can you read? :jbhmm:

D'lo is a notoriously a terrible playoff performer. You want him to be something he hasn't ever shown to be

You are not wrong. But I'm not laying my hat on Russell completely. I'm simply saying he plays moderately better, we win those games.

Will he do this? I think he can, when we are not relying on him to be a number 3 option. Reaves seems to have taken that spot over, although they go back and forth. I would argue that Reaves is a more clutch performer, and that this argument would be better suited around Austin.

Why are you bringing up Caruso? He is a bull. The chances of him joining the Lakers is slim to none

We'll see.

The fact remains that the Bulls are moving SOMEONE and we are in the market. If you are as bearish on D'Lo as you seem to be, why wouldn't we trade Russell for Caruso if he became available???

What reason do the clearly rebuilding Bulls have to say no when they're blowing up their whole team at the deadline? What other team has buzz surrounding a potential trade for AC?

Why are you asking if AD had a good or bad game? Are you new to watching AD? That's who AD is

Really? :mjlol:

I asked you this because him playing poorly is a part of the reason we lost that game. Best defender missing, AD playing poorly, etc. It's just one game.

Do you think we're losing the next matchup? :mjgrin:

The Lakers as currently constructed has ZERO chance of beating the Nuggets

We'll see them again in 2 months.