WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Y’all don’t get tired of holding false hope? Lol

The roster is garbage & having Bron as your 2nd best player will not end in a ring at this stage. His impact has consistently been minimized in the post season

Raising blood pressure for nothing
Did Boston have a better #2 than Bron in this postseason? How many teams did for that matter?

Bron is washed but he's capable of being the 2nd best player on a contender when guys like Kyrie, KAT, Brown, Siakam, Holmgren, OG, Murray are the #2s on teams that made deep playoff runs.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
What small market team is consistently in the top 5-8 in payroll and luxury taxes every season :dahell:

Yall exaggerate all that shyt. Were we operating as a small market when we traded for Russ? That trade is literally the #1 catalyst for all this post-2020 bullshyt. Bron and AD wanted a star and I guess operating like a small market we went to go pay $44M for washed up one. But yall still crying about cost cutting like that’s just the plain sole reason why this is all happening.
I'm referring specifically to the basketball operations.

“The Lakers have never been "cheap" with star players, but they need to join the modern NBA with their infrastructure. If their current state of affairs is a conscious choice, that's one problem. If they can't afford to pay top-dollar for a front office and coaching staff, that's another altogether.”

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
Nah don’t fall for that shyt. We got AD from the core we built before Bron got there. Management has issues acting like the team was just about to combust before Bron got there is just false. Magic and Rob were already in place and the rebuild was going up, the vibes were trending positive by that point.

Nah breh, drafting Lonzo over Tatum was a glaring error. Trading away Zubac for fukkin muscala was insane. Overpaying for a washed Luol Deng and Zyldrunas Ilgauskis was wild as fukk. Sure, we’ve gotten some good prospects as well. It’s even clear to me that getting Bron became a choice to blow the future which was a risk. Frankly, the team was making some dumb moves before Bron and we thought it was just because cokehead Jim and Mitch were incompetent idiots. What’s changed since then other than a bubble ring?

I hate to say it, but the Buss kids just ain’t it. It explains why they was so desperate to sign Bron and why they so desperate to keep him as long as the move is within the Botox budget. My number one problem is who the fukk is the Lakers braintrust currently? The Rambi? The animated corpse of Phil Jackson? Jay Mohr? Who do we trust to lead the franchise forward? I trust Vic the Brick and flea way more than the idiots we’ve got now.

Jeanie might be good at the business and marketing but she isn’t good at the basketball operations side nor has she shown a willingness to hire someone that is. Magic was a flop. Rob is a flop. Of course Bron and them gon run wild like Hulkamania we ain’t got nobody representing the Lakers best interests from a basketball perspective. Riles stood on business when Bron was with the heats, no surprise he comes from a strong Laker basketball pedigree unlike the staff we have now.

And the one person that might’ve been able to set us up for the future died an exile of GOAT franchise after being arguably its most important contributor. Because of petty bird logic coming from ownership. That’s a damning rap sheet for what’s supposed to be the most prestigious and coveted franchise in basketball let alone all sports.

Last edited:

2Quik4UHoes

Why you had to go?
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Norfeast groovin…
I think the big issue is that the Lakers are run like a small market team despite being the most valuable NBA franchise. Maybe Jeannie will take some Saudi blood money to beef up the basketball ops.

Yes and no, the luxury tax disproves that the team is run on some small market shyt or even on some major city/trash ownership angle like the Knicks or Wizards. And the number of hired and fired coaches that are still being paid. The Lakers are willing to spend and are still focused on winning. It’s the decision making that’s problematic.

The hiring of a strong front office or coaching staff is when things start to look cheap or flat out weird because they don’t have “Laker ties”. Until these weird moves stop being weird I have no confidence in our current situation.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
Eagle, Colorado
Yes and no, the luxury tax disproves that the team is run on some small market shyt or even on some major city/trash ownership angle like the Knicks or Wizards. And the number of hired and fired coaches that are still being paid.

However, the hiring of a strong front office or coaching staff is when things start to look cheap or flat out weird because they don’t have “Laker ties”. Until these weird moves stop being weird I have no confidence in our current situation.
Lakers have generally found a way to be successful despite doing this but there's no salary cap on basketball operations, scouting, infrastructure. They've drafted well and scouted well in spite of that imagine if they were give more resources.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
:russell: same ol BS generic shyt from Bron Stan’s. Our first year with Bron we had damn near the same wins as the year prior and we’ve had a 33 win season with Bron. Franchise was rebuilding and increasing win total by 10+ in the seasons prior to Bron. The teams descent happened in Kobe’s last years when he was hurt. When he retired the team was on an upward trajectory, not down. That’s just the facts when you take Brons dikk out your mouth and look at how the rebuild was going.
This dude has serious psychiatric issues :pachaha:

Dude can't take that man's dikk out his mouf ever

SadimirPutin

Superstar
Daps
Nah breh, drafting Lonzo over Tatum was a glaring error. Trading away Zubac for fukkin muscala was insane. Overpaying for a washed Luol Deng and Zyldrunas Ilgauskis was wild as fukk. Sure, we’ve gotten some good prospects as well. It’s even clear to me that getting Bron became a choice to blow the future which was a risk. Frankly, the team was making some dumb moves before Bron and we thought it was just because cokehead Jim and Mitch were incompetent idiots. What’s changed since then other than a bubble ring?

I hate to say it, but the Buss kids just ain’t it. It explains why they was so desperate to sign Bron and why they so desperate to keep him as long as the move is within the Botox budget. My number one problem is who the fukk is the Lakers braintrust currently? The Rambi? The animated corpse of Phil Jackson? Jay Mohr? Who do we trust to lead the franchise forward? I trust Vic the Brick and flea way more than the idiots we’ve got now.

Jeanie might be good at the business and marketing but she isn’t good at the basketball operations side nor has she shown a willingness to hire someone that is. Magic was a flop. Rob is a flop. Of course Bron and them gon run wild like Hulkamania we ain’t got nobody representing the Lakers best interests from a basketball perspective. Riles stood on business when Bron was with the heats, no surprise he comes from a strong Laker basketball pedigree unlike the staff we have now.

And the one person that might’ve been able to set us up for the future died an exile of GOAT franchise after being arguably its most important contributor. Because of petty bird logic coming from ownership. That’s a damning rap sheet for what’s supposed to be the most prestigious and coveted franchise in basketball let alone all sports.

What have the heat achieved on a substantive level since Bron left and Riley stood on business?

He gon stand on business with Jimmy Butler who is a toss up if he gon show up in a series?

Anyway back to the Lakers......all this future talk always puzzles me? You know what the future holds? Lottery picks, injuries, unlucky breaks and your opponents getting the players you want....strike while the iron is hot and you still have a window open.

This notion that you can be in a constant feast in the modern sports business is a pipe dream....You have feast and you have famine. Those are the breaks.

The Celtics had fortune break their way this year....but they soon gotta pay two guys 300 million dollars....their title window isnt as wide open as people think.....the league adapts

You get your breaks and you move all in when you have the opportunity......THE FUTURE IS A HOLOGRAM. Ask the Philadelphia 76ers

Gotright

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
detroit
:russell: same ol BS generic shyt from Bron Stan’s. Our first year with Bron we had damn near the same wins as the year prior and we’ve had a 33 win season with Bron. Franchise was rebuilding and increasing win total by 10+ in the seasons prior to Bron. The teams descent happened in Kobe’s last years when he was hurt. When he retired the team was on an upward trajectory, not down. That’s just the facts when you take Brons dikk out your mouth and look at how the rebuild was going.
Act like everybody wasn’t injured that year lol

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
So apparently JJ wants to run a Boston style offense which is good.

However, Boston shyt wouldnt have worked against Denver either.

Its tricky with Jokic in the conference. Unless he somehow elevates AD to being as good/better.