WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!! WHO’S HOUSE?! BRON’S HOUSE!!: Your GOAT franchise Boss Angeles Lakers 2024 Reality TV offseason Thread

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
In regards to Pelinka.

They took Christie over him as well. Now either Ham failed to get the most out of Christie or they drafted a 3 and D player that wasn't ready instead of drafting a guy who a greater offensive skillet in Hardy. Similar to how they passed on Whitmore who had far greater offensive potential but took JHS.

Not that this breh s great or anything, but he is the kinda quick scoring guard we've been needing off the bench.

Maybe I've been here too long and the "Blame Bron theory" is that they didn't target guys with greater offensive skillets because it wouldn't be utilized with Bron :jbhmm:

Or Ham was just trash :ehh:

Daps
Reppin
#LWO
We literally have 3 owners and multiple GMs on record saying they wouldn’t trade their player to the Lakers and it’s still not getting through to them lol

When we offered our entire team for AD and it got rejected, it should have been clear as day what it was and what it will always be

same goes for the Kawhi trade the Spurs like other GMs would spite themselves before trading with us

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
They tried to play that game and lost.. which is a common theme with this FO
I'm seeing far more Lakers/Kobe stans on twitter upset about not getting Kyrie lately.

I think people forget just how much people were hyped about a "Kobe guy" potentially being a Laker.

That's why there has been more animosity towards Rob on twitter as well.

Voice of Reason

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
Well that's a problem too. I don't know what the move should have been. However, Ham was hired to make the Russ move work (essentially).

I think a good coach gets the roster to a 4th or 5th seed . Rob not whiffing on his 1st round pick, getting something other than Vincent, etc etc the roster wouldn't *seem* as far away. At least in terms of going deeper in the playoffs.

Now Im basing it on the fact that Bron/AD were actually healthy this year. Which is an even bigger indictment on Ham.

So yea the GM has gotta be much better. But again there was serious thought the Mavs might end up missing the playoffs and here they are likey to be favorites in the finals.

Glass half full obviously, but a strong offseason is needed and maybe flip it. I don't know how they solve the Nuggets problem...but these other teams have their flaws too. Get a real coach in there.

Exactly right!!!

If Ham does not start Prince over Rui for 30 plus games it's conceivable that the Lakers could have won at least 4-5 more games at the minimum putting them in the 4 or 5 seed.

The MLE thing is tricky, the only home run MLE signing in the league was Donte Divencenzo.

GreatestLaker

#FirePelinka
Bushed
Daps
I'm seeing far more Lakers/Kobe stans on twitter upset about not getting Kyrie lately.

I think people forget just how much people were hyped about a "Kobe guy" potentially being a Laker.
That type of logic is why we are stuck with Rob Pelinka now.

CantStop

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That type of logic is why we are stuck with Rob Pelinka now.

Rob brought them a championship

:comeon: how many GM's can say that?

All those players you guys love, Rob was responsible for that. Caruso, Dwight, Danny Green, KCP...

You can't discredit him for letting them go but not praise him for getting them in the first place.

Kupchak was allowed to be a bum for 10+ years.

jaydawg08

Superstar
Daps

How'd we feel about this if true?

Borrego is essentially 1B when it comes to coach in NO, and Cassell has a good thing going in Boston

Unless they get paid a lot more $$ (and we know how ownership views coach contracts) why would they make the switch for essentially the same job when LA fires coaching staffs every 2-3 years

ghostwriterx

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
In regards to Pelinka.

They took Christie over him as well. Now either Ham failed to get the most out of Christie or they drafted a 3 and D player that wasn't ready instead of drafting a guy who a greater offensive skillet in Hardy. Similar to how they passed on Whitmore who had far greater offensive potential but took JHS.

Not that this breh s great or anything, but he is the kinda quick scoring guard we've been needing off the bench.

Maybe I've been here too long and the "Blame Bron theory" is that they didn't target guys with greater offensive skillets because it wouldn't be utilized with Bron :jbhmm:

Or Ham was just trash :ehh:

Don't be fooled by that clip
Hardy is shooting 36% in the playoffs, 31% from 3 and he's getting 6 minutes a game.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Don't be fooled by that clip
Hardy is shooting 36% in the playoffs, 31% from 3 and he's getting 6 minutes a game.
6 more than Max Christie :ehh:

And he's behind elite guards. No getting zero mins because of Dinwiddie. And now valuable gametime experience on a team going to the finals.

Again this is more of just how bad they(Ham?) botched using Christie deal. Two years and we got him no real experience.