Who's Going Digital or All Digital for The First Time?

Daps
I'm most likely getting the disc PS5 for multiple reasons but I plan on going digital as soon as next gen begins

This will be the first time I will be going all digital for a generation

Most of my PS4 games are digital, and even though I don't mind getting up and changing discs, I enjoy how seamless the digital game experience is

If I didn't have a handful of physical PS4 games, I would buy the DE PS5 even though it would be nice to have a 4k Blu Ray, a technology I haven't really used all that much

Look at this vid

Switching between 6 games in an average of 6 seconds from their last play state :wow:
Browsing the internet people have said they expect the PS5 SSD/IO to be at least 2-3 times faster, meaning instant game loading and switching
The thought of instant game switching between multiple AAA games got me :banderas:
I hope the PS5 has this feature

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Been mostly digital since the start of PS4/X1 gen. Handful of physical games on X1, PS4, Switch. Way more digital than physical at this point. My PC collection is obviously 100% digital.

Dorian Breh

Veteran
Daps
Does the cd spin constantly inside the system when you play a game? Or does the PS4 validate the CD once and then play off the hdd?

Daps
I’m asking because I’ve heard that part of that “jet-engine” sound is the Blu Ray player, and also because it’s more likely to break if it’s spinning for thousands of hours over a generation
I can't wait until I don't have to hear my loud ass PS4 anymore while I'm instantly switching between games in complete silence with the PS5's liquid metal cooling :blessed:
There better be game switching and complete silence :birdman:

Daps
Idk why I have a feeling PS5 won't have instant game switching like the Xbox does despite it having an even faster SSD.
I hope Sony isn't dumb with this
A feature like this should be obvious
Spiderman MM, Horizon, Ratchet, COD, Demon's Souls all open at the same time being able to instantly suspend one and go to the other
I better see game switching :mjpls:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Idk why I have a feeling PS5 won't have instant game switching like the Xbox does despite it having an even faster SSD.

They said there’s something similar like quick launching but it doesn’t sound like seamless game switching, let us pray.

tenor.gif

Phillyrider807

My Soundtrack is the second “Carter”
Daps
Reppin
215 Uptown!
Seeing as how my main console is pc i guess i been digital already. But most of the exclusives i got for ps4 are physical cause i rarely bought them at launch. I think i will always go with a disk drive if the option is available but i rarely use it.

Daps
Seeing as how my main console is pc i guess i been digital already. But most of the exclusives i got for ps4 are physical cause i rarely bought them at launch. I think i will always go with a disk drive if the option is available but i rarely use it.
I was a physical games only person too but as my library grew physical became a pain in the ass
It takes up space and I realized if all my games were physical it would have been a big clutter
I was very against going all digital before but now I'm welcoming it
It fits how I play games now bouncing from game to game
If you went back in time and told me I would be going all digital :mjlol:

Daps
I’ve been 99% digital this gen

will be the same next gen

hoping to get the PS5 with a drive cuz once in a blue moon I’ll buy a physical copy for whatever reason
I really wish they gave the PS5 the DE design in general and put the disc drive right in the middle of the console for the physical PS5

Could have even had a cool blue light around the disc slot
The DE PS5 looks cool and futuristic while the physical PS5 looks ugly as fukk :scust:
I don't really look at my console when I'm really into a game but damn
The DE must have been their darling while the physical PS5 was "oh yeah people still buy those put that shyt on the side" :hhh:
They did that shyt on purpose so people who mostly go digital go :scust: