Who would you say are the top 5 actresses Under 30?

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Who do you guys think are the best actresses under 30 right now? I'm only talking about their acting skills, not their looks.

I'm going with

Anya Taylor-joy
Mia Goth
Florence Pugh
Jenna Ortega
Keke Palmer

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
What was Zendaya in that she's great? I did some Google searches and she was on the top of some of the lists. I've seen her in the Spider-Man movies and Dune but I wouldn't put at the top from those movies.

I've also only seen Sydney Sweeny in the first season of White Lotus. I was more impressed with Brittany O’Grady. Are Zendaya and Sydney that good in Euphoria?

Also what was Haliee Stanfield good in? I've only seen her as Spider-Gwen in the Miles movie.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
Who do you guys think are the best actresses under 30 right now? I'm only talking about their acting skills, not their looks.

I'm going with

Anya Taylor-joy
Mia Goth
Florence Pugh
Jenna Ortega
Keke Palmer
Those are my five as well, each one seems to be on fire right now in their respective lanes.

Ortega had already been gaining traction in Hollywood before Wednesday dropped, so it’s success right now is gravy at this point. Goth is making a name for herself in the horror realm currently. That genre makes it super easy to give one-note performances yet Mia goes the extra mile each time. My #1 Scream Queen. Pugh has proven to be top-tier for years, but she has Dune: Part II on the horizon and is also raking in that Feige money on the side.

I feel bad for Aaron Taylor-Johnson, lol…every time he watches Anya act, he’s reminded of how much of a chokehold she has on his initials. She is killing it. Furiosa up next. :damn:

Keke Palmer…baby Angela Bassett. :noah:She put her foot down and commanded so much screen presence in Nope.

Duke Dixon

Superstar
Daps
Those are my five as well, each one seems to be on fire right now in their respective lanes.

Ortega had already been gaining traction in Hollywood before Wednesday dropped. Goth is making a name for herself in the horror realm currently, my #1 Scream Queen. Pugh has proven to be top-tier for years, but she has Dune: Part II on the horizon and is also raking in that Feige money on the side.

I feel bad for Aaron Taylor-Johnson, lol…every time he watches Anya act, he’s reminded of how much of a chokehold she has on his initials. She is killing it. Furiosa up next. :damn:

Keke Palmer…baby Angela Bassett. :noah:She put her foot down and commanded so much screen presence in Nope.

To be honest I've become familiar with all of them from horror movies. It's how a lot of young actresses get their start and I've been impressed with them all.

I made this topic as a "scouting report" because I'm interested in how they'll get better in the future. I don't remember there being this many young actresses with this level of talent in the past.

Funny you bring up Aaron Taylor-Johnson. I thought he'd take off after Kickass but I was wrong. I rewatched the Kickass movies this year and didn't remember Evan Peters being in the first one. I don't know exactly when it happened but Evan Peters stepped his game up and became a really great actor. I was watching American Horror Story Cult and I was like:ohhh: this dude is killing it.

humminbird

Veteran
Daps
What was Zendaya in that she's great? I did some Google searches and she was on the top of some of the lists. I've seen her in the Spider-Man movies and Dune but I wouldn't put at the top from those movies.

I've also only seen Sydney Sweeny in the first season of White Lotus. I was more impressed with Brittany O’Grady. Are Zendaya and Sydney that good in Euphoria?

Also what was Haliee Stanfield good in? I've only seen her as Spider-Gwen in the Miles movie.
yeah euphoria shows she has range
Hailee is just on this Jennifer Lawrence run right now but she's Hawkeye, she's in dikkinson, she was in true grit when she was young too.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]

She’s lauded mostly for her work and main role in HBO’s Euphoria. I want to say she’s the most popular actress right now, even during this Wednesday hype train, and it’s wild to note where she’s currently at as a star who rose from Disney Channel sitcoms. Most of those child actors who transition to the big leagues either fall off completely or find success, but still nothing to the magnitude of Zendaya’s currently.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
To be honest I've become familiar with all of them from horror movies. It's how a lot of young actresses get their start and I've been impressed with them all.

I made this topic as a "scouting report" because I'm interested in how they'll get better in the future. I don't remember there being this many young actresses with this level of talent in the past.

Funny you bring up Aaron Taylor-Johnson. I thought he'd take off after Kickass but I was wrong. I rewatched the Kickass movies this year and didn't remember Evan Peters being in the first one. I don't know exactly when it happened but Evan Peters stepped his game up and became a really great actor. I was watching American Horror Story Cult and I was like:ohhh: this dude is killing it.
You’re right, Evan always struck me as underrated. It felt like people started respecting his acting more after he was featured in Mare of Easttown. He has always had his own fanbase showing support when starring in American Horror Story, but the amount of eyes that are on you in a prestige HBO drama gets you way more recognition on a grand scale.