Who was really the worst in the wu; u god or ODB?

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
i got u god, hands down. he shoulda been replaced with cappa. he redeems himself with mystery of chessboxin n a couple other verses but dude is fukkin garbage

would anyone even put any other member in the argument?

rza
gza
ghost
rae
meth
masta killa - both albums were piff
deck

i dont see how you could put either of those two over any of them jus goin off process of elimination

Mask and Da Glock

Posting From Rehab
Daps
odb was such an essential part of the wu though, without him it's just a bunch of rappity rap guys doing their best ronnie impression

dre

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NY/DC
ODB is an acquired taste. I don't see how you can really understand and like the Wu but say he's the worst.

I'd say U-God or Masta Killa. For a while as a kid I couldn't tell them apart...both were just equally boring. I get they were trying the cerebral thing but...it was boring.

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
never said odb was wack but hes goin up against a pretty stacked fukkin roster. i appreciate what he did and what he brought but i cant put him over any of those dudes

i could see masta killa but you gotta bump those albums he dropped some pretty ill shyt

:noah:

Last edited by a moderator:

Grand Eeezus Maxwell

"Time is when, God....lounge!!"
Daps
Reppin
Triple Six Mile
-ODB has 1 classic album, 3 classic singles, multiple classic verses

-U-God has 3 garbage albums, 2 horrible singles, multiple just-ok verses

I actually don't mind U-God, but he's not fukkin wit Dirt Dog on no days, breh.

127218_o.gif

Ghost Utmost

The Soul of the Internet
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the Aether
U God isn't a "bad" rapper, just nothing about him that jumps out at you.

ODB wasn't necessarily a "good" rapper. Some of the stuff he did on the Roc was AWFUL. The beats were there, the features were there, it was just that ODB was phoning it in. If you take away all the antics and just boil it down to pure lyrics: ODB was just okay. Return to the 36 Chambers was dope but one of my favorite songs, Snakes, I don't think ODB even really rhymed on that one.

I take ODB over U God, but I think Golden Arms is actually the better writer.