Who is the best showrunner of all time? (Poll)

Who's the best showrunner of all time?

• Vince Gilligan

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • David Simon

• David Chase

• David Milch

• Matt Weiner

• DB Weiss and David Benioff

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This is basically a thread devoted to the people that have blessed us with some of the greatest tv shows of all time :ohlawd: Here's a short list of the most influential/acclaimed showrunners of the bunch

vince-gilligan.jpg

Giligawd (Breaking Bad)

simon.jpg

David Simon (The Wire)

12_davidcase_lgl.jpg

David Chase (The Sopranos)

Jerry-Seinfeld-and-Larry-David.jpg

Larry David and Seinfeld (This one's self explanatory)

david_milch.jpg

David Milch (NYPD Blue, Deadwood)

Matt-Groening-9542573-1-402.jpg

Matt Groening (Simpsons)

Matthew_Weiner.jpg

Matt Weiner (Mad Men)

Joss-Whedon.jpg

Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Firefly)

benioff_2189541c.jpg

DB Weiss and David Benioff (Game of Thrones)

2012-07-25-rickygervaisstephenmerchant.jpg

Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant (The Office UK)

Other notable showrunners:

Shawn Ryan (The Shield)
Jason Katims (Friday Night Lights)
Darlton (Lost)
Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars, Party Down)
JJ Abrams (Alias, Felicity)
Josh Schwartz (The OC, Chuck)
James L Brooks (Taxi, Mary Tyler Moore)
Norman Lear (All in the Family, Sanford and Son)
Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls)
Shonda Rhimes (Scandal, Greys Anatomy)
Aaron Sorkin (West Wing, Sports Night)
Steven Bochco (Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue)
David X. Cohen (Futurama)
Mitch Hurwitz (Arrested Development)
Louis CK (Louie)
Greg Daniels (The Office US)
Ronald D Moore (Star Trek DS9 and Battlestar Galactica 2004

These are mostly off the top of my head. So If I missed anyone significant, then please let me know.

Last edited:

Jello Biafra

A true friend stabs you in the front
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Behind You
You left Ronald D. Moore (Star Trek: Deep Space Nine and Battlestar Galactica) off the list.

• Dap
Reactions: ECA

MidniteJay

無敵
Supporter
Daps
It's a tie between Shawn Ryan and Vince Gilligan for me. Showrunners of two of my favorite shows of all time which had a great start and a great end.

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
This is basically a thread devoted to the people that have blessed us with some of the greatest tv shows of all time :ohlawd: Here's a short list of the most influential/acclaimed showrunners of the bunch

vince-gilligan.jpg

Giligawd (Breaking Bad)

simon.jpg

David Simon (The Wire)

12_davidcase_lgl.jpg

David Chase (The Sopranos)

Jerry-Seinfeld-and-Larry-David.jpg

Larry David and Seinfeld (This one's self explanatory)

david_milch.jpg

David Milch (NYPD Blue, Deadwood)

Matt-Groening-9542573-1-402.jpg

Matt Groening (Simpsons)

Matthew_Weiner.jpg

Matt Weiner (Mad Men)

Joss-Whedon.jpg

Joss Whedon (Buffy the Vampire Slayer/Firefly)

benioff_2189541c.jpg

DB Weiss and David Benioff (Game of Thrones)

2012-07-25-rickygervaisstephenmerchant.jpg

Ricky Gervais and Stephen Merchant (The Office UK)

Other notable showrunners:

Shawn Ryan (The Shield)
Jason Katims (Friday Night Lights)
Darlton (Lost)
Rob Thomas (Veronica Mars, Party Down)
JJ Abrams (Alias, Felicity)
Josh Schwartz (The OC, Chuck)
James L Brooks (Taxi, Mary Tyler Moore)
Norman Lear (All in the Family, Sanford and Son)
Amy Sherman-Palladino (Gilmore Girls)
Shonda Rhimes (Scandal, Greys Anatomy)
Aaron Sorkin (West Wing, Sports Night)
Steven Bochco (Hill Street Blues, NYPD Blue)
David X. Cohen (Futurama)
Mitch Hurwitz (Arrested Development)
Louis CK (Louie)
Greg Daniels (The Office US)
Ronald D Moore (Star Trek DS9 and Battlestar Galactica 2004

These are mostly off the top of my head. So If I missed anyone significant, then please let me know.
I'd say you missed everyone significant and put in waaaay too much bullshyt. Your probably in your late teens, young 20's right?

I saw Mary Tyler Moore show and I'm like :leon: Then how you gonna add that with Louie, a show that has a cult following at best?

What happened to shows from TGIF? There is no Law n Orders any version up there.
Happy Days was the shyt for its time (before my time but still)
Because of Nick at Night I'd watch Mr.Ed and My Three Sons.
Matlock
I can name too many shows that belong, but the truth is if you haven't seen any of those shows you can't say I'm right or wrong. Not too many people watch all types.
Bonanza, Alfred Hitchcock, twilight zone, GUNSMOKE is for certified G's bruh :ufdup:
I'm leaving this thread in disgust :smh:

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'd say you missed everyone significant and put in waaaay too much bullshyt. Your probably in your late teens, young 20's right?

I saw Mary Tyler Moore show and I'm like :leon: Then how you gonna add that with Louie, a show that has a cult following at best?

What happened to shows from TGIF? There is no Law n Orders any version up there.
Happy Days was the shyt for its time (before my time but still)
Because of Nick at Night I'd watch Mr.Ed and My Three Sons.
Matlock
I can name too many shows that belong, but the truth is if you haven't seen any of those shows you can't say I'm right or wrong. Not too many people watch all types.
Bonanza, Alfred Hitchcock, twilight zone, GUNSMOKE is for certified G's bruh :ufdup:
I'm leaving this thread in disgust :smh:

Louie is one of the most innovative and acclaimed shows of this decade :manny:

No showrunner from the TGIF block should be put on ANY best of list imo, and most of these names were off the top of the dome.

Happy Days was a massive hit, but it sold its soul and had a massive drop in quality. And there's not many shows that follow the Happy Days template in today's television landscape while shows like Mary Tyler Moore and Taxi are still getting jacked to this day by 30 Rock and Community. Only shows you named that I hate myself for not mentioning is Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock. Everything else is either dated, not that good, or just shyt that doesn't cross my mind. Especially grandpa-core shyt like Law and Order and Matlock :scusthov:

If anything, dikk Wolf should be up here for his work on Miami Vice, not that trash we got called Law and Order

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang

No showrunner from the TGIF block should be put on ANY best of list imo, and most of these names were off the top of the dome.

Happy Days was a massive hit, but it sold its soul and had a massive drop in quality. And there's not many shows that follow the Happy Days template in today's television landscape while shows like Mary Tyler Moore and Taxi are still getting jacked to this day by 30 Rock and Community. Only shows you named that I hate myself for not mentioning is Twilight Zone and Alfred Hitchcock. Everything else is either dated, not that good, or just shyt that doesn't cross my mind. Especially grandpa-core shyt like Law and Order and Matlock :scusthov:

If anything, dikk Wolf should be up here for his work on Miami Vice, not that trash we got called Law and Order
Bruh, your a moron. Law and Order doesn't do it for you :laff:
And the fact you bypassed GUNSMOKE makes me question if you have a vagina hidden within your balls

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bruh, your a moron. Law and Order doesn't do it for you :laff:
And the fact you bypassed GUNSMOKE makes me question if you have a vagina hidden within your balls

:ld:

If you have a problem with it, then just click other or keep it moving. I forgot to mention plenty of other showrunners, and they're a better fit for the criteria of this thread than the writers of Gunsmoke are.

Last edited:

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
maybe I'm wrong but didn't Matt Groening create futurama too? also like buddy said dikk Wolf should have a mention but I wouldn't vote for him tho. what about the Jewish guy that makes all the cbs shows? good I can't think of his name and it is on tip of my tongue. not like his shows are popular on here cuz they fallen off. buddy from big bang, and himym, and a bunch of other shows on there.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Whoever the show runner for the Wonder Years was deserves a nomination. That show was PIFF from beginning to end, no weak seasons, and had one of the best finales of all time:salute:

Also Bill Cosby for Cosby Show, the greatest Sitcom of ALL TIME

• Dap
Reactions: ECA

ECA

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
maybe I'm wrong but didn't Matt Groening create futurama too? also like buddy said dikk Wolf should have a mention but I wouldn't vote for him tho. what about the Jewish guy that makes all the cbs shows? good I can't think of his name and it is on tip of my tongue. not like his shows are popular on here cuz they fallen off. buddy from big bang, and himym, and a bunch of other shows on there.

He co-wrote the first episode with David X Cohen but hasn't been involved in any day to day activities regarding the show since then. Similar situation with JJ Abrams and Lost.