Who is George Santos? He claims to have degrees from Baruch & NYU but nobody knows him. Update: He’s officially been ousted from congress

the cac mamba

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I'm sorry breh, but this isn't something to be celebrated or laughed at.

If he isn't an American citizen, that means multiple tiers of government and both parties failed.
i mean, hes definitely an american citizen :dead: he's clearly provided his social at this point for benefits

but im calling ritchie torres and a few others and telling them to start a birth certificate campaign

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I'm sorry breh, but this isn't something to be celebrated or laughed at.

If he isn't an American citizen, that means multiple tiers of government and both parties failed.
Or it means that similar to voting, the barriers to run for elected office are based on trust and otherwise (rightfully) low.

We can debate whether it should be up to oppo research to determine the legitimacy of a candidate, but currently AFAIK it's not government's responsibility to vet candidates' legitimacy beforehand. Whether or not additional bureaucracy is required remains to be seen as it stands to potentially cull from the pool of potential candidates similar to voter ID laws.

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Or it means that similar to voting, the barriers to run for elected office are based on trust and otherwise (rightfully) low.

We can debate whether it should be up to oppo research to determine the legitimacy of a candidate, but currently AFAIK it's not government's responsibility to vet candidates' legitimacy beforehand. Whether or not additional bureaucracy is required remains to be seen as it stands to potentially cull from the pool of potential candidates similar to voter ID laws.
fukk outta here. :camby:

The standard requirement to being an elected official in this country--or most of this country, some municipalities do not make these a standard--is the right age and being a US citizen. If he is not a US citizen, there is absolutely nothing to LOL at or applaud. Nor should you pass the buck and say, "well the standards should be low."

If he isn't a US citizen, that is a failure on our government. Stay out on topic.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
fukk outta here. :camby:

The standard requirement to being an elected official in this country--or most of this country, some municipalities do not make these a standard--is the right age and being a US citizen. If he is not a US citizen, there is absolutely nothing to LOL at or applaud. Nor should you pass the buck and say, "well the standards should be low."

If he isn't a US citizen, that is a failure on our government. Stay out on topic.
You seem to be confusing what the law is vs who is responsible for enforcing it prior to the election

Don't get emotional at me because your holier-than-thou dapfishing failed to see how low barriers to entry are a feature and not a bug of a working democracy
:yeshrug:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Don't get emotional at me because your holier-than-thou dapfishing failed to see how low barriers to entry are a feature and not a bug of a working democracy
:yeshrug:
Negro, please. You thought it would be funny if it turned out he wasn't a US citizen and then tried hard to make a smart-ass post, dripping with condensation and snark that people like @Pressure like, only to miss why I shytted on your position in the first place.

If this man lied about being a US citizen, he should not have been eligible to run. If he was allowed to run and win, then both of these parties and our government failed the voters in that district. Stay on topic. There is nothing funny about that. Go clutch your pearls.

Pressure

#PanthersPosse
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CookoutGang
Negro, please. You thought it would be funny if it turned out he wasn't a US citizen and then tried hard to make a smart-ass post, dripping with condensation and snark that people like @Pressure like, only to miss why I shytted on your position in the first place.

If this man lied about being a US citizen, he should not have been eligible to run. If he was allowed to run and win, then both of these parties and our government failed the voters in that district. Stay on topic. There is nothing funny about that. Go clutch your pearls.
Don't tag me because someone else is calling you on your sanctimonious bullshyt. :pachaha:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
Don't tag me because someone else is calling you on your sanctimonious bullshyt. :pachaha:
I'm tagging you because you liked a low level of thinking post.

Imagine comparing a congress member not being a US citizen to voter ID laws and thinking that sounds intelligent. Lower Learning. :russ: