Who is George Santos? He claims to have degrees from Baruch & NYU but nobody knows him. Update: He’s officially been ousted from congress

Arizax2

All Star
Daps
How long are these investigations going to take. :stopitslime: my guess it he will get a slap on the wrist 2 years later after everyone forgot back it. No faith in this system.

BigMoneyGrip

I'm Lamont's pops
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Straight from Flatbush
He throughly embarrassed NY3 one of the riches districts in the country so they are mad as fukk lmaoooo

Honestly goog for them they deserve to get finessed.. a real gay guy who was running as a Dem who is actually wealthy they refused to vote for but they had no issues voting for this fake and now are ashamed about it lol

The_Unchosen_One

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
St. Louis
George Santos claimed to be one of the first people in the US diagnosed with COVID-19. That looks to be bogus too.

George Santos claimed to be one of the first people in the US diagnosed with COVID-19. That looks to be bogus too.​

Joshua Zitser
Wed, January 11, 2023 at 6:13 AM CST

George Santos in the House chamber

Rep. George Santos in the House chamber.Andrew Harnik/ AP Photo
  • George Santos' latest dubious claim appears to involve a COVID-19 diagnosis from 2020.
  • The timeline of testing positive and getting sick differs in various retellings of the story.
  • His descriptions of the severity of his illness have also changed over time, per The Daily Beast.
Rep. George Santos has been accused of fabricating much of his life story, and the hits keep on coming.
On Tuesday, The Daily Beast reported that his latest dubious claim revolves around a COVID-19 diagnosis at the start of the pandemic.
The first case of COVID-19 in New York was confirmed on March 1, 2020, and Santos claimed in a conservative podcast that he became symptomatic with the virus just over a week later.

"Unfortunately on the 9th of March I became symptomatic with what we all know now very well, COVID-19 a.k.a coronavirus, commonly known as the Chinese flu," he said. "On the 11th I ended up in the hospital. It was really bad, fever, body aches."
Santos said he was taken to a hospital in Queens, New York, by ambulance and spent around five hours there in isolation. He said he then had a high fever and hallucinations for several days, ultimately testing positive on March 14.
The Republican said he tested negative on March 26. "So, I'm free, coronavirus free, so they're calling me a survivor," he said. "I don't know if I really survived anything. It's just flu."
However, later retellings of his experience, both in terms of severity and timeline, appear to be at odds with what he said on the podcast, The Daily Beast reported.
On the day that Santos said he received his positive test, and was bedridden with a fever, his campaign put out a press release on the unfolding COVID crisis, including a quote from Santos. It didn't mention his illness.
Four days later, Santos appeared on Fox Business, showing no signs of the disease.
Meanwhile, in a September 2020 interview with local outlet The Island Now, Santos said the hospital only provided him with a recommendation of taking Advil or Aleve.
And on March 5, 2021, Santos posted on Twitter that it was his anniversary of being admitted to hospital for COVID-19 — six days earlier than the initial date he gave.
The Washington Post journalist Dan Diamond was the first to report on his personal Substack that there were discrepancies in dates and details in Santos' retelling of his coronavirus diagnosis.
Insider contacted Santos' office for comment but did not immediately receive a response.
In recent weeks, Santos has been accused of lying about his employment, educational history, and heritage.

He gonna claim he killed Pac here soon :dead:

2legit

Superstar
Daps
Why was Santos relevant before his Congressional run? I saw that he did a lot of interviews beforehand. The article mentioned he was on Fox Business Channel at the time. Why was he being interviewed? Did they try to claim he was an expert or a political pundit? The whole thing is weird. A nobody who got all of these interviews for god knows what reason then runs for congress and makes it with zero scrutiny on his background.

Joe Sixpack

Build and Destroy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rotten Apple
Why was Santos relevant before his Congressional run? I saw that he did a lot of interviews beforehand. The article mentioned he was on Fox Business Channel at the time. Why was he being interviewed? Did they try to claim he was an expert or a political pundit? The whole thing is weird. A nobody who got all of these interviews for god knows what reason then runs for congress and makes it with zero scrutiny on his background.
He’s a Russian Asset

Anerdyblackguy

Gotta learn how to kill a nikka from the inside
Supporter
Daps
GOP of Nassau county Officially asked Santos to resign immediately.

WASHINGTON, Jan 11 (Reuters) - New York Republicans on Wednesday called for the resignation of "disgraced" newly elected U.S. Representative George Santos, following revelations he fabricated much of his resume and life story during his campaign.

They made the call in a news conference two days after a nonpartisan watchdog accused Santos of breaking campaign finance laws in a filing with the Federal Elections Committee.

The Nassau County, New York, Republican Party, from the New York City suburb that includes the majority of Santos' district, said in a statement ahead of the event that dozens of county Republican officials would make "a major announcement regarding the disgraced Member of the House of Representatives."

The contingent of elected officials, candidates and party officials will deliver the strongest statement yet regarding the Nassau GOP's position on Santos," the party said.

Santos has admitted fabricating much of his resume.

Republicans currently hold a narrow 222-212 majority in the U.S. House of Representatives. He won his November race over Democrat Robert Zimmerman by a margin of 7.5 percentage points.

But his victory was quickly overshadowed by media reports indicating that the persona he presented to voters was largely a work of fiction.

Among other claims, Santos said he had degrees from New York University and Baruch College, despite neither institution having any record of him attending. He claimed to have worked at Goldman Sachs and Citigroup, which was also untrue.

He also falsely said that he was Jewish and that his grandparents escaped the Nazis during World War Two.

Two House Democrats on Tuesday referred the matter to the House ethics committee this week. The local district attorney has said her office is investigating Santos.

No. 2 House Republican Steve Scalise told reporters on Tuesday that the party was looking into the matter.

"This is something that's being handled internally," Scalise told reporters on Tuesday. "Obviously there were concerns about what we had heard and so we're going to have to sit down and talk to him about it."