Who has had a group interview before?

Kilgore Trout

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
Just make sure you're the most vocal and have the most energy. Dont make it too obvious though. I had a couple and aced them both. They were for bullshyt customer service jobs though.

Daps
Reppin
RENO, Nevada
were interviewing as a team :dead:

pan :krs:

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXn6sM4uX7c&feature=related"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iXn6sM4uX7c&feature=related[/ame]

Stacks

Crosstown Beef
Supporter
Daps
Had a bunch of them for sales-oriented jobs in the past (recruitment jobs, to be exact).

You need to find a balance between the shy, nervous-wrecks who, when called-up to speak, can't deliver more than 4 words without giggling like a punk, and the OVER-THE-TOP c*nts who break out the jazz hands after telling people why they love people, even the people they've just met type of people.

Just be yourself, but always maintain your composure, be outspoken, but not to the point that you're OVERLY dominating the convo and be clear and concise with your answers.

They're not difficult, just a way for the employer to weed the flakes from the 'bout it, 'bout its.

NonPareil

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have once for my previous job. It felt intimidating at first when I sat down, because they didn't let me know before-hand it was going to be an interview with all of the department heads rather than a 1on1 sitdown.

But if you just answer everything confidently as you would in any other situation you'll be fine. Don't force awkward ass forced eye contact with everyone or something like that, just be normal.

StackUp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NJ
had an interview for bank of america about 4/5 years ago

3 interviewers!

i was nervous but i made it through.. worked there for a year. it sucked.

RJY33

master of reality
Daps
Had one job where i was interviewed by 6 people at once :childplease:

Then right after had to do it again with 3 more interviewers :birdman:

Then had to come back a week later and interview in front of 3 more dudes :sadcam:

Ended up getting the job but turned it down cause they were on some bullshyt with the pay structure

Those interviews are brutal though when you got all those people staring at you and writing shyt down

beenz

Rap Guerilla
Daps
Reppin
The Chi (South Side)
How did that go down? I can imagine a bunch of folks just talking over each other???

well I applied for this job I got now and the HR lady called me to tell me they wanted to do a phone interview. I figured cool :manny:

but when they called me, it was like 3 people on the line, and they said who they are and just asked me some questions like a face to face. since they were just voices, to me it seemed like one person when it was really 3.

so then after that, the HR lady called back to say they wanted me to come in face to face for an interview. however she told me this time who I'd be talking to.

so when I got up here, I was in the conference room on one side of the table, and like 3 or 4 people were on the other side. 3 of those people were who I was gonna work with. the other was the boss. and basically I just talked about myself and my previous job which I was still working at the time. my dumb ass even forgot to bring in a copy of my resume, but I had my ipad with me, so I just pulled it up on dropbox.

a couple weeks later, HR called me to tell me, the director who I interviewed with was leaving the company. and so was another lady. well the 2nd person was the lady who was leaving also and I replaced her job. after the interview she was telling me how she went to grad school where I went to undergrad on the way down the elevator. but long story short, I got the job.