Who else has had a "Flu game?"

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
What other athletes or public figure in general have had a "flu game" type scenario? Where they were sick as a dog but performed at the top of their game?

Let A Fro Be A Fro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Dirty South
Kurt Angle's TNA run was not only one big ass flu game, but a fever dream :wow:

How can you mention that fake bullshyt instead of the fact he won an Olympic gold medal in freestyle wrestling with a broken neck? :mjtf:

Also, props to Jordan Burroughs for winning a gold medal at the freestyle wrestling world championships weeks after shattering this ankle and having it surgically repaired with screws.

Paper Boi

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
at my dad's funeral. showed up near death myself sick and hungover as fukk from days of drinking my sorrows away. showed up and delivered an incredible eulogy that is still talked about in my family to this day. they always asking me to make a speech at any family gatherings/weddings/funerals due to this.

:wow:

The Prince of All Saiyans

Formerly Jisoo Stan & @Twitter
Daps
my “flu game” included drinking a Texas Mickey on NYE and also routinely drinking NyQuil like it was gonna help

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
David Wells threw a perfect game when he was hungover

"I think I got home at 5:30, probably got two-and-a-half hours of sleep. I knew this was not good, so I just tried to stay away from everybody, was worried someone might get high off the fumes. I had consumed a lot of alcohol."

Dock Ellis threw a no-hitter (but with 8 walks) while he was warped out on acid.

"I can only remember bits and pieces of the game. I was psyched. I had a feeling of euphoria. I was zeroed in on the [catcher's] glove, but I didn't hit the glove too much. I remember hitting a couple of batters, and the bases were loaded two or three times. The ball was small sometimes, the ball was large sometimes, sometimes I saw the catcher, sometimes I didn't. Sometimes, I tried to stare the hitter down and throw while I was looking at him. I chewed my gum until it turned to powder. They say I had about three to four fielding chances. I remember diving out of the way of a ball I thought was a line drive. I jumped, but the ball wasn't hit hard and never reached me."

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
If you want a really gross but impressive one, Uta Pippig won the Boston Marathon despite......

ischemic colitis (basically, inflammatory bowel disease) causing blood and diarrhea to drip down her leg throughout the run.

3m9n64f2gesy.jpg

I have no idea how she maintained hydrated enough to perform an entire marathon while losing fluids at that level. Not to mention the reduced oxygen/energy levels from blood loss.