Who are your favorite writers?

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
Something I don't see talked about here much is favorite writers. It could be screen, novel or comic. Ill start.

Mine in no order:

William Gibson

Steven Barnes

Brandon Massey

Simon Green

Roger Zelazny.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
H.P. Lovecraft and Clive Barker are probably my favorite writers. Both are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Lovecraft is (arguably) the most influential writer in horror/sci-fi from the last 100 years but....honestly he's not a very good writer. He does a great job creating concepts and setting a tone but he writes characters on the same level as a "Friday The 13th" movie.

Barker isn't influential at all but he's probably the most purely skilled horror writer of the last 30 years. Damn shame he stopped writing horror so abruptly, and then pretty much stopped writing all together. One of the biggest wastes of talent in history, IMO.

Fred.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
Donald Glover: whether its music or screenplays dude is a GENIUS with the pen

Spike Lee: Nuff Said

Aaron Mcgruder: Some of the episodes of the Boondocks are amongst the smartest writing EVER .

Robert Jordan: The Author of the Wheel Of Time novels. The best Fantasy books of ALL time.

Langston Hughes: The father of the Harlem Renaissance

Jordan Peele: Get Out was a work of mastery and from a writing standpoint Peele has leapfrogged damn near everybody in the industry

Neuromancer

Son of the Robot
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
H.P. Lovecraft and Clive Barker are probably my favorite writers. Both are on opposite ends of the spectrum.

Lovecraft is (arguably) the most influential writer in horror/sci-fi from the last 100 years but....honestly he's not a very good writer. He does a great job creating concepts and setting a tone but he writes characters on the same level as a "Friday The 13th" movie.

Barker isn't influential at all but he's probably the most purely skilled horror writer of the last 30 years. Damn shame he stopped writing horror so abruptly, and then pretty much stopped writing all together. One of the biggest wastes of talent in history, IMO.

Fred.
Agreed.

• Dap
Reactions: hex