Who are 5 black people in history you admire?

Gifted one

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Wakanda
Kinda like an expansion of #Blackexcellence who are 5 people in history that influenced you, time to acknowledge our ancestors :myman: In no order

garvey.jpg

Malcolm_X_NYWTS_4.jpg

Général_Toussaint_Louverture.jpg

Screen-Shot-2014-02-17-at-3.37.29-AM.png

carmichael_stokely.jpg

So many names I had to leave off :mjcry: but that's a testament to how great we are, Assata, Nat Turner, Bobby Seale, Kathleen Cleaver, Mugabe, Steve Biko, Patrice Lumumba, Thomas Sankara, and Fred Hampton are honorable mentions

kp404

Live Or Let Die
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Black Community
All the black workers and people who struggled and created institutions in the community for others to succeed over the past 400 years: those are my heroes.

Speaking of individuals who I read and promote their ideas: W.E.B. Du Bois, Robert Chrisman, Huey P. Newton, Malcolm, Fannie Lou Hamer, Ida B. Wells, Frantz Fanon.

Big D Bangston

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bama born and bred
Malcolm X
Huey Newton - self-explanatory
Muhammad Ali - "Why should i fight for a country that treats me like shyt"
Harriet Tubman - Rescuing herself, her parents, and hundreds of slaves took a lot of courage from slavery
Toussaint Louverture - Taught himself to read and showed us freedom can be reached

And many more...those i dont know about yet...i'm hungry to learn more about you and thanks for your contributions

Bonus (But he wasn't black and was beyond nutty. BIG fukk-up, but respect effort)

John Brown

White Abolitionist who had "religious" experiance and dedicated life to ending slavery
Broke into some armory at harpers ferry and wanted to arm slaves in the area to free more slaves
lost some free blacks and sons in gunfight with martials
tried in court and hanged

LadySimone

Banned
Daps
Ida B Wells
Malcolm X
Toussaint Louverture
Emmit Till
The millions of blacks who made them happen.

Danie84

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Harriet Tubman
Sojourner Truth
Assata Shakur
Madam C. j Walker
Toni Morrison

...my BLACKEXCELLENCE heroine who march thru the adversity of CaC Supremacy by their own drum:salute::wow:

Last edited:

keond

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ATLANTA
Marcus Garvey
Huey
Harriet Tubman
Toussaint Louverture
Malcolm

Honorables

MLK (say what u want but he was in the trenches), Mumia, Assata, Fred Hampton, Kwame Ture, Khalid Abdul Muhammad, Nat Turner, Fredrick Douglass, Medgar Evers,