White Twitter is saying this blacc man doesn’t know how to properly start a bbq fire. What do coli pitmasters say?

newarkhiphop

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Turned it off soon as I saw him using lightning fluid, you only need 2 things

images

images

Windows 91

Unreleased Operating System
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
C:\
I use a chimney starter exclusively now but lighter fluid can have its purpose. Growing up, every old head in my family used lighter fluid - I didn't realize chimney starters were a thing until I saw it on YouTube as an adult. You can still make good food as long as you don't go crazy with it.

BBQing is one of those things where if you ask 100 different people the proper way to grill something, you'll get a 100 different answers telling you that their method is the only correct way. White folks believe they're the authority on alot of things for some reason, with BBQing being one of those things.

Lambent55

All Star
Daps
For those that don't know, you not only will save money overtime using a chimney starter, it is much easier to use than lighter fluid.

Batsute

The Lion Choker
Daps
Reppin
#Hololive
I went back and forth with my old man over this during Christmas trying to smoke a brisket. Everything I told him he went into full on old black man defense mode aka you can’t tell me shyt, son. :birdman:

- well what if I just hang this brisket from the smoker with a hook. DAD NO :why:
- how bout I use this random firewood. DAD NO:why:
- I’m gonna use this lighter fluid to get the charcoals hot. DAD NO:why:

Dad look we gotta go low and slow I’ve gotten it up to 160. I’m gonna take a nap if you’re gonna stay out here with the pit. OK son I got this.
2 hours later I wake up to hear him and my mom talking about how good the brisket. I’m just internally :snoop: and go back to sleep. 9 am I taste that brisket; rough, lighter fluid, and dry as hell. I wasted a 140$ on that brisket, trimming it, and seasoning it.

Last edited:

skylove4

Veteran
Daps
I went back and forth with my old man over this during Christmas trying to smoke a brisket. Everything I told him he went into full on old black man defense mode aka you can’t tell me shyt, son. :birdman:

- well what if I just hang this brisket from the smoker with a hook. DAD NO :why:
- how bout I use this random firewood. DAD NO:why:
- I’m gonna use this lighter fluid to get the charcoals hot. DAD NO:why:

Dad look we gotta go low and slow I’ve gotten it up to 160. I’m gonna take a nap if you’re gonna stay out here with the pit. OK son I got this.
2 hours later I wake up to hear him and my mom talking about how good the brisket. I’m just internally :snoop: and go back to sleep. 9 am I taste that brisket; rough, lighter fluid, and dry as hell. I wasted a 140$ on that brisket, trimming it, and seasoning it.
I have a few decades before I can do this but I can’t wait. I’ve argued facts all my life but the minute I turn 50 imma turn into a coli nikka and just be a contrarian for the hell of it on some :troll::birdman: and just piss off young folks all day

Last edited: