Which Subway sandwiches is the healthiest to eat?

Tunes

Pro
Daps
Salad only i guess?
If u do want meat, probably turkey or tuna? , with no sauce added and that.

Losing weight is all about calories burnt > calories taken in, its straight up physics. so whatever has less energy and is filling is what you're looking for.

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
honestly, you gotta treat subway like you would mcdonalds or burger king. Subway food is really not that low in calories at all. no different than getting a big mac or a whopper and fries.(for a 12")

Subway has a lot of ppl fooled in to thinking eating there is the healthier option...and it kinda is..but not by much.
Even their "whole wheat" bread is a lie

"When you order wheat bread at Subway, you aren’t really getting whole-wheat bread. It’s enriched. This means that the wheat stalk has been removed and processed, making it much cheaper to mass produce. This type of wheat bread has essentially the same properties as white bread."

WIth tht being said, if you are going to get any sub there, I'd say get a 6" turkey sub...outside of the veggie sub its your lowest calorie option at 280 Calories.
BUT when you look at Subway's calorie count remember that this is what they include...
Sandwich nutrition values include 9-Grain Wheat bread, lettuce, tomatoes, onions, green peppers and cucumbers.
(SUBWAY)
So that means no cheese, no sauces(well just mustard is fine)...or else that total goes up exponentially

A 6" turket sub on 9 grain with swiss cheese and some sauce like the southwest(100 cal) or honey mustard(30 cal) or ranch(110) will bring that sandwich to over 450 calories

as for veggies, assuming you don't get avocado you will be good to pile on as much as you want though.

Just for perspective... a big mac has 550 calories. and that has cheese and special sauce.

Just watch out for Subway...

Last edited:

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Miami Gardens/North Miami
I would choose one that has whole wheat bread along with some turkey. Cold cuts are the healthier options. Also u want your veggies to be diverse in color (so not just green). Also if u want to lose weight i suggest finding your daily calorie intake so u can figure out how much u can eat.
Where I can go to find that out?

el3mentary

Piff Wallace
Daps
Reppin
West, West
Where I can go to find that out?

IIFYM Calculator - IIFYM

First you have to input your stats like age, height, and weight. Then it will ask you how active you are on the daily basis. After that it will then give you your daily calorie intake. Your maintenance calories is what you want because it tells you much calories to eat daily to "maintain" your weight. If you want to lose weight then you need to eat less than maintenance.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
IIFYM Calculator - IIFYM

First you have to input your stats like age, height, and weight. Then it will ask you how active you are on the daily basis. After that it will then give you your daily calorie intake. Your maintenance calories is what you want because it tells you much calories to eat daily to "maintain" your weight. If you want to lose weight then you need to eat less than maintenance.
Thanks breh, I'm gotta try it out.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
myfitnesspal is the GOAT for all that shyt

its also an app, which is great.

must cop for any fitness buff
Just sign up, the results show me that I'm projected to lose 0.5 lbs per week, I'm trying to lose at least 3-5 lbs per week. Do I need to change increase the work out option?

Edit: Nevermind I put in the wrong number
IIFYM Calculator - IIFYM

Just finished and it says

Protein Grams : 201
Fat Grams : 100
Carbs Grams : 98
Fiber Grams : 38 - 50

So this how much I supposed to give in or give out?:patrice:

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Just sign up, the results show me that I'm projected to lose 0.5 lbs per week, I'm trying to lose at least 3-5 lbs per week. Do I need to change increase the work out option?

Edit: Nevermind I put in the wrong number

Just finished and it says

Protein Grams : 201
Fat Grams : 100
Carbs Grams : 98
Fiber Grams : 38 - 50

So this how much I supposed to give in or give out?:patrice:

if you want to lose one pound a week you will need to cut 500 calories a day (one pound is 3500 calories)
if you want to lose 3.5 pounds you will need to cut about 1750 calories from your base through diet and exercise.

3.5 is a little more then what is recommended for healthy or sustainable. but not impossible. Most suggest 2 pounds a week. but if you are really big then you would probably lost weight faster at the beginning and slower as you progress.

TMNT4000

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
if you want to lose one pound a week you will need to cut 500 calories a day (one pound is 3500 calories)
if you want to lose 3.5 pounds you will need to cut about 1750 calories from your base through diet and exercise.

3.5 is a little more then what is recommended for healthy or sustainable. but not impossible. Most suggest 2 pounds a week. but if you are really big then you would probably lost weight faster at the beginning and slower as you progress.
Do you know what I can get to find out how many calories I'm losing when working out?

Maschine_Man

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Do you know what I can get to find out how many calories I'm losing when working out?
the myfitnesspal app will give you a rough estimate of what you are burning through various exercises.

But devices like fitbits and the apple watch, can actually monitor heart rate and how much you are giving, which will give a bit more accurate results.
I don't think anything is perfect but between the two you should have a fairly good idea.