Which one of you Coli posters are trolling Open Mic Nights?

The 2020 New Member

Banned
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
:)
http://www.reddit.com/r/Standup/comments/1lccz2/a_question_for_open_mic_hosts/

:banderas:

:salute:

A question for open mic hosts (self.Standup)

submitted 1 day ago by PoisonSpankingCentral PA @barndogkarck

I run an open mic that for reasons I don't understand has a consistent non comic audience week to week. Because of this, I feel an obligation to make the show entertaining so the audience keeps coming back and the bar keeps making money.

The last couple weeks, I've had a comic show up who repeatedly ruins any kind of energy and momentum, and makes the crowd extremely uncomfortable. He does this by talking at length about putting molly in girls' drinks and raping them. He does not tell jokes about this, he just kind of talks. On one occasion, when given the light, he spent his final minute pointing out which women in the audience he wants to fukk.

I find this to be pretty unacceptable. It's in my power to ban him from the mic, but I'm torn, because I know I made crowds uncomfortable when I was starting out, and nobody told me I wasn't allowed to do it. He doesn't seem like the kind of person who cares about getting better, though. At what point do you decide the comfort/enjoyment of the audience is more important than the openness of your mic?

observe

Banned
Daps
Reppin
The Forest Where Hope Died
I used to perform at open mic rap shows..then promoters were trying to get over..kinda stopped since I wasnt promoting or selling any music at the time..what's the point...but I'll prob start performing again since I have a product to sell..