Which Movie Franchise Do You Think Has The Most Potential To Be A GREAT Game?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
The Matrix would be too ill breh :mjcry:

the-writer-of-the-matrix-revival-offers-an-update-and-teases-an-expanded-universe-social.jpg

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
More horror or sci-fi movies could make great survival horror.

A Quiet Place and Annihilation are two that come to mind. Especially Annihilation where you could have the shimmer expand from its origin and move throughout the globe. Whole point of the game is running from that extinction event but once it finally covers everything you have to go to the center of it and take it out.

Kamikaze Revy

Bwana ni mwokozi wangu
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Outer Heaven
We tried The Matrix already and it didn't quite work out.
I liked the games but they weren't that great looking back at them despite bringing a few fresh ideas to gaming at the time.
Star Wars has a ton of games that had the potential to be classics but they miss the mark more often times than not.
Of all the Star Wars games, Knights of The Old Republic is the only real classic to me that has replay-ability today.
It's a shame we can't get a 3rd person co-op action game with the Avengers. That would be nuts.
I'm trying to think of a completely new video game based on a movie that hasn't been done yet...
John Wick is the only one that comes to mind at the moment.

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
I'd donate a testicle to have had BIOWARE completely reverse the Anthem game & have them create a District 9 MMO or open world game, word to @Uitomy
---------------------------------------------------------------

Of course, it is perplexing that the best Terminator games...were fucking arcades games you play at the movie theater to pass time. :stopitslime:

A game that had a similar mechanic to Last of US, shyt, or even A Way OUT, where a CO-OP mechanic has you take control of either the tanky T-800 or a weak John Connor(in the first installment) would have been great. Imagine if as each new game is released, John Connor character becomes way more useful and proficient in gun/survival skills. shyt would have been a great trilogy game series.

Let me throw a curve ball -

Imagine Rockstar making an Open World Beverly Hills Cop or Lethal Weapon game that is more Red Dead than GTA?

Meaning, leaning towards the slower, more meaningful pace than the constant "shoot out on every corner" type of situation.

A very witty high quality dialogue game that allows you to do crime stopping/investigative side missions and shyt.
It would definitely be way more limited than their previous games since you can't just go full maniac and kill innocent people but having a "cop honor meter" would be a great social commentary in regards to choosing to level up faster by planting evidence and shyt as opposed to being an actual good cop.

I think Rockstar would knock something like that out of the park and really transform the video game media space. (Off topic, I wish Rockstar could get a chance at making a Metal Gear Solid game...Might make a spinoff thread)

shyt, I mean, Ubisoft needs to give their Ghost Recon development team something to do and go a fukking G.I Joe game. I don't know what the fukk they thought they were doing w/ Wildlands. The customizable options would insane.

shyt...how has LEGO game not done a G.I Joe game??

Total Recall - With a new version of permadeath. Every time you die, it progresses the story and changes the ending type of shyt. The Total Recall universe would be fukking amazing. And the over the top action scenes...man...

Had the Kinect actually worked well, those Alien survival horror games would have been the GOAT tension with sound detection.

But, I don't want to derail this thread. lol

Last edited:

Kairi Irving

Here Comes A New Challenger
Daps
Hancock(Mocap Will Smith and his voice, make his character model younger) it would be like Prototype and Spiderman PS4 combined.

Dusk Till Dawn (Resident Evil style, but with Vampires)

Chronicle (Play as all three characters, could have a real story focused game, graphics similar to Detroit Become Human with decisions like Life Is Strange.)

Static Shock (offtopic but) Playing it from start to finish, realistic graphics, becoming a bang baby, getting introduced to your powers, sewer lid etc :wow:

they could also make it where you CANNOT let civilians see you use powers without your costume, you gotta rum home or keep your costume in your book bag, change in an alleyway or something:wow:

PS Exclusive.