Which Long-Running Movie Franchise Has Been Done Dirty By Hollywood The Most?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
the first two that come to mind are The Crow and Robocop. The first films in each franchise are both stone-cold classics. After that though, both franchises lost the plot and have a terrible track record. I actually like The Crow 2: City of Angels and feel it captures the spirit of the original even if it's not great overall (everything after The Crow 2 is awful though with the WOAT being Wicked Prayer). With Robocop, I feel everything after the first film is complete trash, including the TV show adaptations .

which franchises do you think have been done dirty by greedy/out of touch executives not understanding why fans fell in love with these franchises in the first place and just pump out crap for a cash grab?

thenatural

Superstar
Daps
I think I've only watched one Transformers film and woke up one time in the middle of the 2nd GI Joe film.

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
What Disney has done to Star Wars is monumental. I am curious just how much it has depreciated in terms of overall worth of the franchise now.

This should be the number one answer.

Second should be Black Panther. Not recasting T’Challa is one of the worst decisions in movie history

FlyRy

Superstar
Daps
All of them. Only the mad Max films got better and they're Australian