Which Franchise Deserves To Be In The Hands Of A Better Developer More: Halo or Pokemon?

which franchise deserves to be in the hands of a better developer?

• Halo - take the IP away from wack ass 343

Votes: 11 57.9%
  • Pokemon - take the IP away from wack ass Gamefreak

Votes: 8 42.1%

• Total voters

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Halo needs to be taken away from 343 ASAP. how many times do they gotta fukk up before Microsoft realize these are nothing but poison to the Halo IP? :snoop:remmeber when Halo games used to be an EVENT? like the whole gaming world stopped when Halo 1, 2 & 3 came out :gladbron: now it's more like like :francis:

I think they single-handedly killed the hype for Halo; it's become just another mid-tier franchise in the hdands of 343 :wow:

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Well, pokemon games still sell a shyt load of copies. I would personally love for Monolith Soft to take the reigns or largely assist on their next game, But the audience already proved they don’t care about quality.

Halo’s audience on the other hand look like battered housewives. They are far more vocal about the shortcomings of Halo, and their engagement with the franchise is at an all time low.

So its probably Halo. I also have a feeling once Microsoft acquires activision they’ll rightfully put Halo out to pasture

5n0man

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CALI
Pokémon easily, one of the biggest franchises in gaming and the shyt hasn't evolved at all since the original Gameboy releases, I'd argue that the games have gotten worse overtime. You look at what persona and SMT have done with the same formula and can't help but shake your head at pokemon.

As much as 343 fukks up halo, atleast they try to do something different.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Also, a quick note: As of November 2022, Nintendo will have put out 3 Pokemon games in a year with the former two selling near 15m copies already.

Three games released from the same franchise within a year will make a combined 45m+ in sales by this time next year.

CarltonJunior

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Duval County
Pokemon has a lot more potential that hasn't been realized.

Halo I feel they took as far as they could, and really, they nailed the initial launch of Infinite, just fumbled the stuff afterward.

Pokemon been trash for years it's just everyone gives everything nintendo a pass

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
Also, a quick note: As of November 2022, Nintendo will have put out 3 Pokemon games in a year with the former two selling near 15m copies already.

Three games released from the same franchise within a year will make a combined 45m+ in sales by this time next year.

Gamefreak has mastered the least-amount-of effort-to-profit ratio

all the big annual franchises that gamers like to hate on (COD, Ass Creed, 2K, etc.) all put way more effort into their shyt than Pokemon does :mjlol:

Zebruh

The Illustrious
Supporter
Daps
Fan-wise? Halo

But potential-wise?? Pokemon. Easily.

Instant Classic

All Star
Supporter
Daps
I feel Halo kind of maximized its potential as an FPS unless they branch off into other genres. I do feel there's potential in the franchise if they were to branch off into other genres like RPG(mass effect style), PVE MP shooter, xcom strategy game, etc.

Pokemon on the other hand will sell regardless, but it's crazy how gamefreak hasn't done much in elevating the series to new heights. I do feel Arcaeus is a step in the right direction, but I feel the franchise should be so much better.

Peter Parker

Superstar
Daps
The Pokemon formula is perfect and there's no need to really fukk with it, fukking with the formula is why I don't like any Final Fantasy past 10. Introduce a few cool new ones every year, a few cool legendaries, let me play with my old ones, and introduce a few features and I'm happy.

Halo without Bungie is trash FOH tho