Where would you rank Snowfall among all the other Crime Boss/Criminal Series?

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
When you start talking about shows where the main character is the Kingpin and his crime family
  • Ozark
  • The Sopranos
  • Breaking Bad
  • Power
  • Tulsa King
  • Good Girls
  • Weeds
  • Money Heist
  • Hannibal
  • Dexter
  • Peaky Blinders
  • Sons of Anarchy
  • Better Call Saul?
  • etc...
Where would you put Snowfall?

Power?

S-Tier?
A-Tier?
B-Tier?
F-Tier?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I'd say A tier. I enjoyed it. Haven't seen all the shows on there. Not sure how Dexter fills in with it not really being a drug show.

Tier higher than S: The Wire
S tier: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos
A tier: Better Call Saul, Snowfall
B tier: Ozark, Peaky Blinders (only seen a few seasons so gotta go back and finish but it's enjoyable) Weeds (my fav of the 3 and not really as much crime drama as the other shows but has the comedy aspects mixed in so its an entertaining show)

Now if I had to include Dexter and Money Heist, I would put Dexter in C tier and Money Heist in B tier. Guess since kingpin can just be crime and not just drugs. Dexter doesn't really have much replay value. I did enjoy money heist, and gotta watch the berlin spinoff, plus some korean version I got saved.

Never seen any of the rest.

Golayitdown

Veteran
Daps
It's a personal S tier but like somebody said it was closer to A tier objectively. It was an amazingly fun watch even if it wasn't as perfect or serious as a Breaking Bad. Once it started hitting on all cylinders it was great.

Lootpack

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DM[V]
A tier, but not S tier. Singletonā€™s touch was sorely missed after his passing.

That episode with the tiger felt like some shyt out of a GTA side mission in Blaine County. shyt was hella silly and jarring to see after what I thought was a mostly serious show.

mvp_status

Superstar
Daps
A tier

Couldve been higher but season 5 was legit horrible up until the last two episodes

WIA20XX

Superstar
Daps
I'd say A tier. I enjoyed it. Haven't seen all the shows on there. Not sure how Dexter fills in with it not really being a drug show.

I didn't mention The Wire, cause Avon/Stringer/Marlo isn't really the star of that show.

That said, would you say David Simon and his team, wrote better Black Gangsters than John Singleton and his team?

mannyrs13

Compound Kingpin
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Focusville, USA
I didn't mention The Wire, cause Avon/Stringer/Marlo isn't really the star of that show.

That said, would you say David Simon and his team, wrote better Black Gangsters than John Singleton and his team?

i can see that. def feel like the ensemble cast of the wire is better than snowfall. with snowfall mostly focusing on Franklin and his family or his friend, forgot buddies name. the wire went in so many different directions with a variety of characters that plenty served a purpose. from the ones calling the shots to the lower level street guys. snowfall i don't think dove too deep into beyond what was going on with franklin.

Token Moltisanti

All Star
Daps
Reppin
South Central

David and Ed burns were on some other shyt while writing the wire, even John singleton said in an interview he regretted turning down an offer to direct an episode.

Im curious to see how snowfall wouldā€™ve played out differently if he didnā€™t die during season 3, but I think with what they had to work with on FX compared to HBO, they did a good job.

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus

S tier: Breaking Bad, The Sopranos
A tier: Better Call Saul, Snowfall
B tier: Ozark, Peaky Blinders (only seen a few seasons so gotta go back and finish but it's enjoyable) Weeds (my fav of the 3 and not really as much crime drama as the other shows but has the comedy aspects mixed in so its an entertaining show)

Now if I had to include Dexter and Money Heist, I would put Dexter in C tier and Money Heist in B tier. Guess since kingpin can just be crime and not just drugs. Dexter doesn't really have much replay value. I did enjoy money heist, and gotta watch the berlin spinoff, plus some korean version I got saved.

Never seen any of the rest.

Yup. Exactly where I'd put it.