Where will you be playing games in the future? ( Panel discussion)

MoshpitMazi

Moshpit Gxng/ Anti Fash
Daps
Reppin
Stone Mountain GA
Series X and PC will be upgrading my TV and main thing when next work bonus kicks in.

Been E thugging on GTA and my career in 2K am waiting for the new star wars and Assassins creed joints from Ubisoft and some of those day one drops on gamepass like avowed (and stalker)

Been wanting to get a switch but Idk if I'ma invest into that eco system for only like 3 games.

rabbid

Superstar
Daps
patcher just be talking lol. he'll take one or two things that happened recently and extrapolate it to be some long standing pillar of the gaming industry. i do think handheld PCs will blow up. Nvidia/AMD are making big plays.. the big three will continue to explore how to adapt their situations to mobile and cloud. consoles are going to morph into something more magnanimous with publishers and manufactures teaming up for the best product and value.

but me personally, I'm most interested in what Valve and Nintendo plan on doing with their systems as that's going to be the canary in the coal mine

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
patcher just be talking lol. he'll take one or two things that happened recently and extrapolate it to be some long standing pillar of the gaming industry. i do think handheld PCs will blow up. Nvidia/AMD are making big plays.. the big three will continue to explore how to adapt their situations to mobile and cloud. consoles are going to morph into something more magnanimous with publishers and manufactures teaming up for the best product and value.

but me personally, I'm most interested in what Valve and Nintendo plan on doing with their systems as that's going to be the canary in the coal mine

Its like groundhogs day, every time he says consoles are dying, give it another 10 years

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan

Its like groundhogs day, every time he says consoles are dying, give it another 10 years
It’s not that he’s wrong. The home console market has been stagnant for a while now. It peaked in the Wii, 360, PS3 generation.

Nintendo basically abandoned the market and chose to make a portable you can plug up to a TV. It’s doubtful they ever make another dedicated home console again.

Sony’s install base has been stuck in the same range for decades. Microsoft’s install base is rapidly shrinking. Both of them are putting games on other platforms to combat the stalled user growth.

Patcher is just way too early to the party. Microtransactions and price increases hide the lack of user growth is all.

winb83

52 Years Young
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Michigan
Pachter :mjlol:
but like a broken clock...
Consoles aren't going anywhere
They might not be going anywhere but they’ll be less and less of a priority for companies because the majority of users are elsewhere.

There’s 180ish million people willing to buy a home console and that number is pretty consistent since the early 2000s (except the Wii, 360, PS3 generation where it was more like 270 million). Overall it’s not growing and this is capitalism so you have to continue to grow. Companies have done well figuring out how to monetize those users in different ways but not adding significantly more of them.

The Guru

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Unless they put out a pc-console hybrid i'll probably never play on consoles again.