Where the Black Liberation Army to the Black Panthers what Nat Turner was to John Horse?

Daps
Reading up on the Black Liberation Movement i'm inclined to lean toward yes...Seems they were less political /willing to compromise or work with whitey and more militant/turned more cacs to fertilizer...Also where as the Black Panthers initially partially relied on government to fund some of their programs the BLM were literally rebelling against capitalism to fund their movement via relieving capitalist establishments(banks) and elites of their blood wealth...Imho the BLM is what the Panthers should have been from the start.

Daps
This is a false separation considering the Panthers were part and parcel of the Black Liberation Movement.
you sure about that? i've read they were two separate entities though some members had dual affiliation and many former Panthers joined BLA after COINTELPRO dismantled the former:patrice:

JahFocus CS

Get It How You Get It
Daps
Reppin
Republic of New Afrika
you sure about that? i've read they were two separate entities though some members had dual affiliation and many former Panthers joined BLA after COINTELPRO dismantled the former:patrice:

The Black Liberation Movement wasn't an entity though... it was a movement :leostare: Movements have many different organizations participating in them.

You are correct about the BLA.

Daps
The Black Liberation Movement wasn't an entity though... it was a movement :leostare: Movements have many different organizations participating in them.

okay that makes sense....i wonder why the Panthers got the most exposure/attention of all BLA factions while the others are basically anonymous :patrice: i suspect their willingness try to somewhat assimilate into the mainstream and attach themselves to celebrities is the answer though:yeshrug:

Daps
those black liberation group did get exposure and got busted
yeah but it seemed like the BLA outlived the Panthers and was able to bring more casualties to the white power structure cause of their more covert but more aggressive strategy:yeshrug:

Last edited:
Daps
I think the problem with the Panthers is they wanted to be revolutionaries and celebrities at the same time which only exposed them to the enemy...They should have stayed more in the shadows like other BLA sets and used more stealth attacks on white power structure establishments and firgureheads....it would have been much harder for COINTELPRO to target them if they didn't know whom they were or about.:aicmon:

Daps

my bad i just realized i mixed up the Black Liberation Army and the Black Liberation Movement :snoop:

I meant to compare the Black Liberation Army vs the Black Panthers tactics and operendi:francis:.ofcourse the black liberation movement was collective of like minded brothers/sisters fighting for the self preservation and advancement of black people which included but was bigger than the Black Panthers

Last edited: