Where is the Media outrage when a gunman shoots a bunch of N!ggas :rudy:

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
Monica Hernandez / Eyewitness News

NEW ORLEANS - It started out with the sound of music and ended with the sound of gunshots.

An annual Mother’s Day second line in the Seventh Ward that normally draws hundreds came to a tragic end Sunday when gunmen fired into the crowd, striking 19 people, including two children.

The shots rang out as the celebration was winding to an end at N. Villere and Frenchmen Streets, around 1:45 p.m.

Neighbors expressed both shock and outrage.

"Everybody was having fun for Mother's Day, and next thing you know when they got right there to the stop sign, pow pow, everybody went to running,” said Lisa Garner, who lives nearby.

Just down the street, two victims collapsed on Bernadette Tyler’s porch. One was shot six times.

“I just opened my door today and two guys collapsed right there on my steps and me and my daughter did the best thing we can to revive them and I think we saved another life today,” said Tyler.

Tyler knows first hand what it's like to lose someone to violence. Her son was murdered 15 years ago. This Mother's Day, she worked to save someone else's son.

“They just was saying they was hit and they was hurting, I just kept saying, ‘We're going to keep you, we're going to revive you from all of this,'” she said .

No one was killed, but three victims were in critical condition. The children involved were recovering from graze wounds.

"It's just time to stop with the violence. It's not cool. It's Mother's Day. Who wants to lose a child on Mother's Day? That's' not right,” said Adriana Stewart, who attended the second line with her two children.

The shots rang out even as more than 10 officers were present during the second line. Some of the officers saw three suspects running from the scene. All three are still at large.

"What frustrates all of us is that the great culture of our city sometimes stumbles a bit because of the selfish behavior of some people. So we can tell you without doubt that this police department will find these guys,” said New Orleans Police Chief Ronal Serpas.

It's the area's second shooting in a week. Police are still investigating a motive. They believe at least two guns were involved.

Police are still gathering information on the suspects. One of them is described as a black male in his late teens or early 20s with short hair, a white shirt, and blue jean shorts.

If you have any information, you're asked to call Crimestoppers at (504) 822-1111. You don't have to leave your name and you could get a $10,000 reward.

19 wounded in Mother's Day second line shooting | wwltv.com New Orleans

Last edited by a moderator:

JasonSJackson

Jah Sun Ma'at Ra
Daps
Reppin
Maat
fukk the media outrage............where's the 20 page sympathy thread on here?

nikkas was heartbroken when those good white folks got bombed in boston but could care less about the poor negros that got shot up.........

Daps
Reppin
Continental U.S.
fukk the media outrage............where's the 20 page sympathy thread on here?

nikkas was heartbroken when those good white folks got bombed in boston but could care less about the poor negros that got shot up.........

That's my point exactly. nikkas was crying foul when white folks was involve but when our own people get murked up you don't hear a peep from these fools. On top of That shyt barely getting any coverage and they ain't even caught the shooter yet. :rudy:

SemiEnlightenedBum

The Project's Manly P Hall
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
I'm Hard Like D-Block Readin The Book Of Enoch...
people are programmed to give a fukk about Boston,9/11,etc and act like its some sort of statistical anomaly

but when shyt like this,Oakland,Chicago happen they're programmed to act as if its commonplace,just "nuckas being nuckas"

notice how in Hurricane Katrina&Sandy you'll see coverage of "nuckas" looting and shyt,but you won't see coverage of the hood suffering&sinking cause they don't want people to have empathy for them

TooLazyToMakeUp1

LWO suicide bomber
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Out here in my damn drawls
:beli: At those Youtube comments. Those st0rmfr0nt troopers are all over this wit the usual bullsh!t and things are gonna get outta hand for me in another Youtube :bustback: session if I go back in there :snoop:

We don't ever do or say the sh!t that they say when a tragedy like Sandy Hook happens because it's f*cked up, but they always come around wit the BS on EVERY video involving black people gettin' slaughtered

I'm a pretty apathetic muhf*cker and I can't even lie, but sh!t like that p!sses me off because I know I can't physically do anything about it through the computer screen.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.( Disciple of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles County, California
I was reading the responses from other sites and u should see the white people responses

from look how them black people are running, like they running from a job fair to what u expect from inhumane race of people.

these are the same people u are working around or going to school with hiding behind a computer screen or cellphone

Yakno1

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My Coli brehs a few weeks ago, I made a thread about comment sections involving Black Americans online, I will up it

but Brehs, in many of our inner cities black on black crime is high so yes it was a tragic event, it's not news to "them"

homicides/shootings are daily in some of our black populated cities so to the news media, this is just something that fell off of that branch

now if it was a white shooter shooting black citizens at random than YES this would be NEWS, there is some type of sensationalism in the headline...something to cause a uproar......add to the string of random shootings that this country have been facing

but with this event...it kinds of fit along with the black on black crime that goes in daily in many of our lower income inner city areas

so we need to address that ANGLE 1ST, we need uprage every time a brother is layed down for something senseless

Some white folks believe it or not will ride with us when we are taking a legit stand at something that benefits us like black on black genocide