Where does the idea that white people only make unseasoned food come from?

Cave Savage

Feminist
Daps
Reppin
Women's rights
I'm sure there are plenty of basic white people in Middle America who make plain chicken and shyt like that. But traditional Southern food (especially Cajun) is very good, even among cacs. The Northeast is filled with Italian-Americans and other spicy cacs like Greeks.

As far as Europe goes, Southern European food in general is good, as well as French food. British Isles traditional cuisine might be nothing special, but curry is very popular there and the restaurant scene has gotten pretty good. So even those pasty ass Brits appreciate rich flavors.

I'm not too familiar with Eastern European food but I did have a Hungarian beef stew the other day and it was heavily seasoned.

Northern European food is probably trash but those countries have small populations and haven't made a huge mark on the Americas.

Ghetto Denizen

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
All those cac groups you listed have been around for thousands of years, so of course they had time to season and or perfect some dishes.

White Americans though, are a culture-less people, and the ramifications of that are in the taste of the food they cook, amongst other things.

But white people here will appropriate soul food soon enough

Patti La belle's sweet potato Pie is gonna become Sara Beth's yam cobbler :francis:

Last edited:

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
It comes from the British and Scandinavian traditions. Many of their recipes are either bland or flat out nasty AF. Keep in mind these people killed and died over spices. The dominant culture in the USA was British, who are infamous for plain or just straight up nasty food. Many of the lightly flavored cacs that came over gave up their cultural identities to become white, so naturally the old ways were either completely lost or perverted to create disgusting monstrosities like potato salad with raisins in it or baked Turkey with just salt for seasoning.