Where Does The Belief That Black Americans (ADOS) Are The Real American Indians Come From?

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
I'm ADOS/FBA on both sides going back to North Carolina, Virginia, and Texas. I was told that my great grandmother was half-Native with "long Black hair" and after looking at the people in my family and seeing pictures of her, it's true. But, I'm not stupid, while I may have some native blood in me, I would never claim to be something I'm not. MAJORITY of my blood comes from Africa, it's facts.

I just want to know where this belief comes from.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
Probably because Africans were here before the Brits where (1500s). Or that there are indications that Africans have been in the Americas: North, Central, and South, since the 1200s. Or that there are other indications that Africans circumnavigated the world before Europeans did.

But I don't know enough to say that those Africans somehow replace or supplant Native Americans. I doubt it, personally. But there's enough to say that they are indigenous when compared to other colonial settlers especially Brits.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
Probably because Africans were here before the Brits where (1500s). Or that there are indications that Africans have been in the Americas: North, Central, and South, since the 1200s. Or that there are other indications that Africans circumnavigated the world before Europeans did.
Is there any proof of Africans being here before the brits got here? and I'm asking for PURE FACTS. If not, then I have trouble believing this.

96Blue

Superstar
Daps
1526 1st Africans were brought enslaved to the Americans by the Spanish. They later escaped.
What about the 1200's then?

I honestly don't know. It seems too hard to believe, now do I think Africans just stayed africa? NO, I believe Africans sailed the world and were in a lot of places before other people got there, but the native thing I just can't believe.

Secure Da Bag

Veteran
Daps
What about the 1200's then?

I honestly don't know. It seems too hard to believe, now do I think Africans just stayed africa? NO, I believe Africans sailed the world and were in a lot of places before other people got there, but the native thing I just can't believe.

Munsa Musa two trips to the Americas.

invalid

Banned
Daps
1: Enslaved Africans w/ Spanish

The number of African slaves that arrived with the Spanish is inconsequential and if escaped and intermarried with the local native populations, their African blood would have been wiped out by the time Africans got to colonies in 1619.

2) Abu Bakr, Mansa Musa’s father

Abu Bakr sent a fleet of ships to find the end of the ocean. One of the ships returned and claimed that all the other ships perished in a large whirlpool.

Abu Bakr set sail again with another fleet of 1000 (some say 2000) ships, never to be heard again.

Some people claim those ships made it to America. Archaeologists and Anthropologist all say that there is no evidence that they made it to America. Many afrocentrists point to the Olmec statues as being evidence because of their African features. Most historians don’t buy it.

If, hypothetically, they made it to the Americas, they would’ve landed in Central or South America and not North America. Additionally, with 2000 boats, their numbers would’ve still been small enough that they would have intermarried and have been subsumed into the local native populations.

In either of these cases, it does not make black people indigenous to America anymore than Europeans.

What I suspect is the real cause for this “black people are indigenous” claim is the fact that, once Africans got here in 1619, Native American tribes dabbled in the slave trade as well and took African slaves.

The slaves themselves were then recognized as part of those tribes. So when the emancipation proclamation came about and slaves were freed, you had some black people that were identified as “Seminole” or “Cherokee” when the reality was that they were either slaves or descendants of slaves held by those tribal nations. Many of them actually intermarried with the natives and were part native themselves. However, they were still descendant of slaves held by those nations.

You also had situations where runaway slaves or free blacks intermarried with natives and that created mixed offspring. However, in none of these cases, it’s not the black side that makes them indigenous, it’s the native side.

Black people came from Africa. None of us are indigenous to North, Central, South America. In all cases, an African had to cross the Atlantic to get here.

BTW, do a DNA test. All black people have a story about an “Indian” being in the family. In most cases, DNA is finding out that that isn’t true. That “Indian” was most likely a product of white/black rape and the “Indian” was a way to cover up the shocking truth.

Kooley_High

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Da South
1: Enslaved Africans w/ Spanish

The number of African slaves that arrived with the Spanish is inconsequential and if escaped and intermarried with the local native populations, their African blood would have been wiped out by the time Africans got to colonies in 1619.

2) Abu Bakr, Mansa Musa’s father

Abu Bakr sent a fleet of ships to find the end of the ocean. One of the ships returned and claimed that all the other ships perished in a large whirlpool.

Abu Bakr set sail again with another fleet of 1000 (some say 2000) ships, never to be heard again.

Some people claim those ships made it to America. Archaeologists and Anthropologist all say that there is no evidence that they made it to America. Many afrocentrists point to the Olmec statues as being evidence because of their African features. Most historians don’t buy it.

If, hypothetically, they made it to the Americas, they would’ve landed in Central or South America and not North America. Additionally, with 2000 boats, their numbers would’ve still been small enough that they would have intermarried and have been subsumed into the local native populations.

In either of these cases, it does not make black people indigenous to America anymore than Europeans.

What I suspect is the real cause for this “black people are indigenous” claim is the fact that, once Africans got here in 1619, Native American tribes dabbled in the slave trade as well and took African slaves.

The slaves themselves were then recognized as part of those tribes. So when the emancipation proclamation came about and slaves were freed, you had some black people that were identified as “Seminole” or “Cherokee” when the reality was that they were either slaves or descendants of slaves held by those tribal nations. Many of them actually intermarried with the natives and were part native themselves. However, they were still descendant of slaves held by those nations.

You also had situations where runaway slaves or free blacks intermarried with natives and that created mixed offspring. However, in none of these cases, it’s not the black side that makes them indigenous, it’s the native side.

Black people came from Africa. None of us are indigenous to North, Central, South America. In all cases, an African had to cross the Atlantic to get here.

BTW, do a DNA test. All black people have a story about an “Indian” being in the family. In most cases, DNA is finding out that that isn’t true. That “Indian” was most likely a product of white/black rape and the “Indian” was a way to cover up the shocking truth.

The best response ive seen on this topic.

While its plausible that Africans couldve sailed to the Americas (Polynesians did sail all the way to Easter Island) there is just not a lot of evidence to support it. When a large group emigrates to another territory, they take with them weapons, animals, food, clothing, etc. that can be easily linked back to their origin. I don't think theres been any artifacts, animals, jewelry, or domesticated food that can be traced back to West Africa.

Daps
Where?

Here.
OIP.n3Fl9HnN37q6lWwEpVAZ1gHaEK

invalid

Banned
Daps
The best response ive seen on this topic.

While its plausible that Africans couldve sailed to the Americas (Polynesians did sail all the way to Easter Island) there is just not a lot of evidence to support it. When a large group emigrates to another territory, they take with them weapons, animals, food, clothing, etc. that can be easily linked back to their origin. I don't think theres been any artifacts, animals, jewelry, or domesticated food that can be traced back to West Africa.

And if, hypothetically, evidence was found, the fact remains that, with the ocean currents of the Atlantic, those Mandes would have landed somewhere in between Mexico and Brazil, not the USA. Which means Black Americans still can’t claim to be ‘indigenous‘ because there would have been no genetic descendancy from those Mandes of Central and South America.

Folks also need to stop using ‘indigenous’. Any African that came here of their own volition would be a ‘settler’ just like the Euros. The folks to first travail this land 13,000 years ago were from Asia. That’s to whom we ascribe the ‘indigenous’ label.

IllmaticDelta

Veteran
Daps
I'm ADOS/FBA on both sides going back to North Carolina, Virginia, and Texas. I was told that my great grandmother was half-Native with "long Black hair" and after looking at the people in my family and seeing pictures of her, it's true. But, I'm not stupid, while I may have some native blood in me, I would never claim to be something I'm not. MAJORITY of my blood comes from Africa, it's facts.

I just want to know where this belief comes from.

It mainly comes from hotep theories such as the Olmecs were "blacks"

1)

qmalh3u.jpg

and

2) Many "Native" tribes in the Eastern USA are in fact mixed/mixed-out with black people to the point that they are NOW, black people.

4w6gLsk.jpg

ELLe5Yl.jpg

Some black people don't seem to be aware of this and think they're looking at authentic Amerindians

ZpicNHO.jpg

Yagirlcheatinonus

Icon Poster
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s crazy my great grandma was some kind of native and her husbad was white. Both my parents are black my moms real light my pops real dark. I’m brown. It’s crazy I think one day all the truth going to come out.

Macallik86

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
I also think that a lot of people conflating being 'first' with being 'pure' and so it is often seen as in people's best interest to promote the idea of being founders/settlers or the 'true' believers irrespective of the validity of the claim.