Where does Mobb Deep - It's Mine Rank amongst Mobb Deep Joints

Shammago

By Any Means
Daps
Reppin
Sun rises in the East

I luv this shyt :clap:

*Song still gives me goosebumps*

*Remembers hearing Prodigy's verse thinking dude sounds dope but sounds like he could barely keep up with the beat* :russ:

Anyways, where does this song rank amongst Mobb Deep's joints?

Last edited by a moderator:

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
top 5 on the album, maybe. Whats Ya Poison/The Realest/Quiet Storm/Goin Out are ahead of it, then it fits in around the secondary yet still dope shyt like Illustrious

i mean its dope but no one was putting out heat at the pace of 95-99 Mobb, they got classics that get no mention

Party Over been gettin fronted on since i been on sohh :wow:

Shammago

By Any Means
Daps
Reppin
Sun rises in the East
top 5 on the album, maybe. Whats Ya Poison/The Realest/Quiet Storm/Goin Out are ahead of it, then it fits in around the secondary yet still dope shyt like Illustrious

i mean its dope but no one was putting out heat at the pace of 95-99 Mobb, they got classics that get no mention

Hmmmm.... good analysis, how about when u compare "Its Mine" to the rest of Mobb Deep's catalogue of songs, where would it fit in your opinion?

JAY?

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Queens

Streets raised me>>>

Harry B

Superstar
Daps
Nastradamus last one to blast when the Narcs come :ehh:

A better question is what Nas was doing at the Barbara Streisand concert :ld:

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Streets raised me>>>

Yeah on the retail, that was such a surprising move to have that be the first song. Very unorthodox, but a beautiful song.
"The sun set looks beautiful over the projects
What a shame, it ain't the same where we stand at
If you look close you can see the bricks chipped off
Sometimes cats miss when they lick off. Don't get clipped off"

Hmmmm.... good analysis, how about when u compare "Its Mine" to the rest of Mobb Deep's catalogue of songs, where would it fit in your opinion?

I think it's a top 6 or 7 song on Murda Muzik, and the best "new" song that got added onto the retail when the original leaked onto Napster. It's one of the best commercial hip-hop songs of the late 90's. Nice mainstream re-do of the Brandy/Monica jam, but it still had the Scarface sample and street theme going on. It was simple, but sounded big.

In Mobb's catalog it's one of 3 Scarface sampled songs. I don't know. Top 25-35 for Mobb maybe. Top 50 if you include Prodigy and Hav's solo material. Mobb is my favorite group of all time, so they have so many classics in my eyes. It might be higher in their catalog for most people.

Maumee

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL

the snap of that snare

:ohlawd:

Last edited by a moderator:

SoulController

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Almighty Garden State
forgot Streets Raised Me

sometimes environment played a big role in your perception, listened to so much stuff with the crew whereas now its dolo

if MM came out today, id skip Hoe Gonna Be A Ho. its not a great beat, and the songs been done before. but my boys used to rock with that shyt so hard, i never ever skip it to this day

even Extorsion, which is my favorite Mobb song ever, gets no love as the years pass. but it speaks more to the strength of the group in their prime, just so much awesome material.

im proud of Havoc, he had a couple years where he laid low, but its 20 years deep into his career and he just gave 50 2 heaters on that new album. outside of the keyboard heavy stuff around the G Unit era, hes never fronted on his old sound and is always around. even last year, kind of slow for NYC but he laced Hell Razah, Bad Meets Evil and Consequence so illy

Change

All Star
Daps
From when they were relevant right? Right at the bottom. That shyt was soft.

labelplant

Wilt Chamberlain
Daps
Reppin
Los Angeles
One of the OGs in my hood, this his favorite song ever. It's dope though, probably top 15 Mobb Deep

I like G.O.D. III more though