When's The Last Time Microsoft Had An AMAZING E3 Presentation?

bogey_j

new love, same neurosis..
Daps
I feel like with Microsoft, we're always holding out hope that "this year will be the one where they kill it! ":gladbron:

...but it never comes to pass:mjgrin::wow:

I honestly can't remember the last time M$ had an amazing e3 showing. seems like every year they hype it up as their best show ever only to disappoint in the end:flabbynsick:

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Was it an OMFG show? No, but it was very good if you have game pass. :ld:

Psychonauts 2; Stalker 2, Atomic Heart, Halo, Starfield, and Forza are all dropping this year or next and will be likely review high. That's 6 full priced games dropping day 1 in game pass for what $150(15 months of Gamepass), versus paying $360 to buy all those games individually.

That's also me leaving out Ascent; that side scrolling Limbo/Inside game, and Shredders being in GP day 1 as well.

Animal House

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It was a good show there’s definitely some dope games in there. For me personally 2022 is where it’s at

Daps
Was it an OMFG show? No, but it was very good if you have game pass. :ld:

Psychonauts 2; Stalker 2, Atomic Heart, Halo, Starfield, and Forza are all dropping this year or next and will be likely review high. That's 6 full priced games dropping day 1 in game pass for what $150(15 months of Gamepass), versus paying $360 to buy all those games individually.

That's also me leaving out Ascent; that side scrolling Limbo/Inside game, and Shredders being in GP day 1 as well.
yep XSX is a vehicle for gamepass, which is MS's real weapon at this point
The ascent, psychonauts 2, scorn, the gunk, halo infinite, crossfire x potentially if it's a banger, atomic heart, back 4 blood, flight simulator, forza horizon, etc. all on gamepass on top of their huge backwards compatibility backlog
even if the games look b level to you, everyone real gamer knows we can only judge by playing it and that's the appeal of gamepass

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I'm gonna keep it 1000 but MS conferences never moved me.:ld: I just don't really care for the stuff on their platform like that.

E3 has been underwhelming for quite some time. Last E3 that was legit groundbreaking for me was the 2015 Sony E3 conference. The FFVII R reveal, TLG reveal and Shenmue 3 reveal was 3 gigatons back to back.

Gizmo_Duck

blathering blatherskite!
Daps
Reppin
Duckburg, NY
Thsi was pretty much in line with Microsoft’s other conferences. Still no games really, just timed indie stuff, forza and possibly halo at the end of the year.

They didn’t even try and front this year like it was gonna be dope so i can’t be mad at that.

Mike809

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Bronx
I will say that this has been Microsoft best E3 , but not the best compared to the rest of the competition.