When you go back to your hometown, do you feel like you’re regressing?

Ahadi

Veteran
Daps
If feels as if you’re going backwards, instead of elevating.

It’s almost like you need to go back to your hometown in doses. (1-2 days) then leave.

StackorStarve

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Jersey
Nah, I hit up all the mom and pop food spots that I can’t get as easily over here and I only hang out with the old friends that I’m on the same wave length with. Mandatory drive around downtown to see what’s changed and complain/reminisce about it.

Software

RIP Future Gohan
Daps
Reppin
Swole Gang
Depends where you from

If you're from the hood and you made it out you probably feel this more. If you grew up in LA near Venice Beach? Probably not lol

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch
Eh, I see the old neighborhood and wonder how j tolerated the culture of 2nd Childhood-ism and fukkery. Don’t even think I’d want to spend a night there unless the rent were dirt cheap and the crib was super solid and quiet.

Oh, I’d need door to door helicopter service

Charlie Hustle

Light Bringer
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sin City
Not at all. It actually makes me feel more of my progress at the expense of others that I've seen fall off. Kinda like when Leon came back from Africa to see the wino version Franklin :francis:

thaKEAF

#grizzlies #titans
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Memphis
How many of you guys actually left your hometown? I moved to the boondocks last year but I still work in my hometown. Lately the crime and just overall depressing state of the city has me wanting to move somewhere else. I’ve seen everything it has to offer.