When Will Games Be Cross Platform?

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I thought this would have been a reality by now. Why can’t or don’t they make all games cross platform, especially for the upcoming generation? I don’t know shyt about the technical side of gaming and barley even play but I thought this would be a thing by now.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I thought this would have been a reality by now. Why can’t or don’t they make all games cross platform, especially for the upcoming generation? I don’t know shyt about the technical side of gaming and barley even play but I thought this would be a thing by now.

exclusives help sell consoles

if playstation had every game that xbox had then I would never have been initially curious about owning a 360/xbox one

...and after my experience with the xbox one/elite controller...if xbox had every game that playstation had then I’d probably never buy another playstation again...I can only imagine playing spider-man...TLOU2 and GoT with an elite controller :banderas:

Double Burger With Cheese

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta

if playstation had every game that xbox had then I would never have been initially curious about owning a 360/xbox one

...and after my experience with the xbox one/elite controller...if xbox had every game that playstation had then I’d probably never buy another playstation again...I can only imagine playing spider-man...TLOU2 and GoT with an elite controller :banderas:

Got it. Not really good for business for every game to be cross platform

NotAnFBIagent

[redacted]
Daps

Got it. Not really good for business for every game to be cross platform

Exclusives have nothing to do with cross platform.

old pig

Veteran
Supporter
Daps

OP, I think I misunderstood you when you said cross platform...I thought you meant making all games multi-platform but you are talking about cross-play