When talking about hip hop cliques, why do we always fail to mention Taylor Gang?

Sad Bunny

they/them
Supporter
Daps
I mean we always talk about YMCMB, MMG and GOOD, but what about Juicy, Chevy, Lola, Wiz :mjpls:

or are they garbage?

badvillain

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
wiz shot himself in the foot with that garbage ass album and making it seem like selling out/simping is whats hot.

lola is only eyecandy, i prefer pre-oscar/mtv juicy, and chevy is whatever.

SubLyminalz

Kemba Escobar Season Has Returned.
Supporter
Daps
because them nikkas aint worth mentioning besides wiz.

chevy is :trash:

who else is in taylor gang anyway?

edit: i forgot about juicy j he is still dropping bangers but thats it.

badvillain

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
he shot himself in the foot by going platinum and selling out all his shows since then??

when did he go platinum? on a single or rolling papers?

im talking in terms of relevancy and longevity. Dude lost a lot of fans going from kush & oj to rolling papers. Which in turn has led to him not being mentioned nearly as much by hip hop heads

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
when did he go platinum? on a single or rolling papers?

im talking in terms of relevancy and longevity. Dude lost a lot of fans going from kush & oj to rolling papers. Which in turn has led to him not being mentioned nearly as much by hip hop heads

the album sold like 800k+, the 2 singles are 1 mil+ i believe...

he lost some mixtape fans..and gained alot more mainstream fans...just what he set out to do..it happens to ALL artists

hes on that hippy stuff now, which is a bit risky...im sure an album or two down the road he'll be singin over guitars and shyt to be experimental...but hes definitely got a huge fanbase for the long haul

Long Live The Kane

Tyrant Titan
Daps
I'm a big juice fan but I haven't even accepted or acknowledged him as a member of taylor gang...I've heard chevy I'm sure on wiz's shyt, but have zero actual recollection of anything he's ever said on wax...didn't know lola still rapped...as a group I don't think they've done a ton of a lot to get mentioned

badvillain

Rookie
Daps
Reppin
NULL
the album sold like 800k+, the 2 singles are 1 mil+ i believe...

he lost some mixtape fans..and gained alot more mainstream fans...just what he set out to do..it happens to ALL artists

hes on that hippy stuff now, which is a bit risky...im sure an album or two down the road he'll be singin over guitars and shyt to be experimental...but hes definitely got a huge fanbase for the long haul

what people fail to realize is that when you sell out to the mainstream, you are selling out to kids aged 13-20. Those kids eventually grow older and get tired of what they listened to as kids. Thus 50's downfall and a lot of other artists.

Kanye, Jay, Nas and a few others have transcended to keep their core fanbase + mainstream.

Wiz is good for the rest of his life, anyone with a number one single will be able to perform it for years, but his Taylor Gang fad died quick.

Edi

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
because its a two man gang right now.

No one checking for Lola or Chevy Woods

johnnydakota

Star, "Skateboard High"
Supporter
Daps
what people fail to realize is that when you sell out to the mainstream, you are selling out to kids aged 13-20. Those kids eventually grow older and get tired of what they listened to as kids. Thus 50's downfall and a lot of other artists.

This. Head to your local suburban thrift store, bargain bins soon to be filled with Chuck Taylors.