The Truth
koOVDxB.gif
:dead:

Daps
Reppin
Crenshaw P's Coat Hangers
Saw it last night...

An interesting movie...

A few missteps here and there, but for a guy that normally writes comedy, it was a good way to get outside of the box.

Had a bit of a Stepford Wives feel to it.
I had a sense of unease for most of the movie due to the "servant" characters, Walter and Georgina; who's actors played their roles well.

So many things on point, in terms of black male/ white people interactions...
Like the cop checking Chris's (the black protagonist) ID, even though he was a passenger in the car (I don't know HOW many times that's happened to me... :scust:), or the party where they were parading Chris around for the neighbors...
Don't know about the feeling of meeting the family of your white girlfriend (can't relate :mjpls:), but I assume it isn't that far off from the movie (save for the.... You know. fukkery.)

There were a few funny moments in it... Mainly Chris's friend, the TSA agent (I never remembered his goddamn name), who was there purely for comedy relief.

And if you know your history, the real issue of the movie (the main reason all this fukkery is happening) has some actual historical (and current, if some news reports are to be taken at their word) context to it.

(side note: several couples walked out of the theater and didn't come back... Mainly white and interracial couples... Wonder why....? :mjpls: Wonder why, indeed.... :mjpls::mjpls::mjlol:)

Would I see it again...?

Yeah, but I wouldn't go out of my way to see it.
If a home girl wanted to go and invited me, I'd go with her.

I'd say go see it for yourself and decide if you like it or not.