When on a cut...

Astroslik

Veteran
Daps
how strict are you guys on cheat meals/cheat days on a cut? I've been craving some peach cobbler but I know it could possibly set me back a week of hard work at the gym :mjcry:

Also what's the best day/time to have a cheat meal? do you guys prefer cheat meals or cheat days while on a cut? My problem is exceeding my daily caloric limit when I do have a cheat meal, everything I like has a shyt ton of calories smh

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
There's a few ways to deal with it. I use a few different strategies.

- Social events.... I don't bother counting. I have my whey shake right before I leave (~130g) and do cardio the next day to make up for it.
- If I'm doing a long cut I take a week off every 6-8 weeks. Can't go crazy, but I add an extra 300-500kcal/day and relax on the macros.
- I don't really do cheat days if I can help it, but some days I take a day off from hitting my protein target and just replace it with carbs. Did that today actually

So there are a few ways you can fit that peach cobbler in... just have to plan for it.

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
It really depends on where you are overall.

Small overages if you are in good general shape aren't going to cause a weeks worth of set backs.

Really big picture I would look at your diet and find a way to fit in foods that will help curb the need to go crazy. Cheat day shouldn't even be an option.

TLR Is Mental Poison

The Coli Is Not For You
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Opposite Of Elliott Wilson's Mohawk
Yea ideally cheat days for no reason shouldn't be necessary. I would only "cheat" for social outings, and even then you gotta keep those in check... can't be out 2-3 nights a week drinking and having diner food and then expect to have any semblance of a diet.