When It Comes to Performing Live: Frank Ocean > The Weeknd

www.THUG.com

Trick Love Da Kids!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
D.C.
So Frank Ocean brought his Channel Orange tour to DC on Monday. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to get an up close view because the line was wrapped around the block by 5:30pm. Mind you, doors didn't open until 7pm and the show didn't start until 9pm. The set was simple, a DJ, 2 guitar players, and a drummer plus a piano that he played for his closing song.

Anyway, Frank Ocean blew me the hell away. He sounds just like his album! :gladbron: Unlike the Weeknd, Frank's voice isn't drowned out by his band :huhldup:. He did all of his songs live (more from Nostalgia Utra than Channel Orange), no lip syncing, a little improvising but his voice is so damn solid you can tell he either practices a lot or he's just THAT good of a singer :ehh:. I kept getting a shy vibe from him. He didn't bring up the coming out issue but he did mention that he got in a lot of trouble because of the sample used for American Wedding, which he performed acapella backed by a guitar. Just like the Weeknd, if the crowd stays and asks for more, he will come back out and sing acapella while playing the piano.

His show wasn't as intense as The Weeknds. However Frank can perform live, can actually dance better, and has a better stage presence than the Weeknd.

Song wise: The Weeknd > Frank Ocean
Concert wise: Frank Ocean > The Weeknd

:cheers:

Lil Bape the PostGod

Can’t talk to broke boys
Daps
Reppin
Sound sound sound
at the end of the day, weeknd always has one of the BEST CONCERT songs ever to fall back on

imagine this shyt in a stadium brehs

Last edited by a moderator:

SafeForWork

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
So Frank Ocean brought his Channel Orange tour to DC on Monday. I was afraid that I wouldn't be able to get an up close view because the line was wrapped around the block by 5:30pm. Mind you, doors didn't open until 7pm and the show didn't start until 9pm. The set was simple, a DJ, 2 guitar players, and a drummer plus a piano that he played for his closing song.

Anyway, Frank Ocean blew me the hell away. He sounds just like his album! :gladbron: Unlike the Weeknd, Frank's voice isn't drowned out by his band :huhldup:. He did all of his songs live (more from Nostalgia Utra than Channel Orange), no lip syncing, a little improvising but his voice is so damn solid you can tell he either practices a lot or he's just THAT good of a singer :ehh:. I kept getting a shy vibe from him. He didn't bring up the coming out issue but he did mention that he got in a lot of trouble because of the sample used for American Wedding, which he performed acapella backed by a guitar. Just like the Weeknd, if the crowd stays and asks for more, he will come back out and sing acapella while playing the piano.

His show wasn't as intense as The Weeknds. However Frank can perform live, can actually dance better, and has a better stage presence than the Weeknd.

Song wise: The Weeknd > Frank Ocean
Concert wise: Frank Ocean > The Weeknd

:cheers:

:pachaha: I bet you LOVE frank's live performance

Poppa_Dock

:gladlebron:
Daps
Reppin
Banana Town
channel orange is trash though

the only decent sounding song was the crack song but its about crack so i don't really wanna listen to that shyt