When is it time to get new gym sneakers?

LightSkinYeshua

All Star
Daps
reebok-zig-pulse.jpg

I had these Reebox Zigs for about 6 years now. Bought them for track when i was in 10th grade.

They still wearable but the holes arent really noticeable. When is it time to switch up ur sneakers tho. Any recommendations especially since i run from time to time?

Daps
Reppin
Toronto
reebok-zig-pulse.jpg

I had these Reebox Zigs for about 6 years now. Bought them for track when i was in 10th grade.

They still wearable but the holes arent really noticeable. When is it time to switch up ur sneakers tho. Any recommendations especially since i run from time to time?
Bruh you should be changing that shyt up yearly...
Not just for aesthetics purposes, but just for the fact like anything in life, they wear out and support just isn't as good

LightSkinYeshua

All Star
Daps
If you run pretty often 6-8 month swap out seems to be the sweet spot for running shoes IMO.

Bruh you should be changing that shyt up yearly...
Not just for aesthetics purposes, but just for the fact like anything in life, they wear out and support just isn't as good

I mean they still good. The soles are still intact just holes in the inside and 2 out. What sneakers y'all recommend then?

diggy

Florida Man
Supporter
Daps
You seem like you don't plan to spend a grip, check out the Nike outlet, you should be able to find something there. I've seen airmax's as low as 60 bucks in some. You can always get a clearance pair of Nike frees or Roshes

jerniebert

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, Ca
I use my shoes till I no longer feel comfortable wearing them or they are falling apart. I have a pair of running shoes I've had for about 5 or 6 years. I've ran a marathon in them and have use them at the gym all the time. Now I use them for my out door runs. If they feel ok and you use proper form then keep using them. There is no specific time table. Everyone is different and what bothers others might not be a problem to the next person.

Cheeky

Pro
Daps
Reppin
Calgary
Personally I can tell when I need new running shoes (or gym shoes) when my feet hurt when I use them. That indicates to me that the support has worn out and it's time for a replacement. I end up buying a new pair at least once a year. Sometimes I buy two pairs and alternate them to spread out the usage.

NeilCartwright

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
I would Change them out. I was using the same pair of shoes for about 2 yrs, and I got patellar tendinitis:sadcam:

The physical therapist said the whole thing happened bc I put too many miles on the sneakers

BunchePark

Coli N Calisthenics
Daps
Reppin
Broward
shyt i went from the air max to some nike trainers and now my toe be numb when i run over 5k lol not diabetic just got the blood work back Tuesday but fukk nikes period shyts cheap

TRFG

Not who you think
Daps
reebok-zig-pulse.jpg

I have the same joints in grey and blue. I have to take em off when squatting and doing deadlifts tho :deadmanny:

LightSkinYeshua

All Star
Daps
shyt i went from the air max to some nike trainers and now my toe be numb when i run over 5k lol not diabetic just got the blood work back Tuesday but fukk nikes period shyts cheap

416-yuIyKOL._AC_UL130_.jpg

No lie bruh. I finally did the switch. The hole in my Reebox became to noticeable. Just bought these nike joints. Had to go a size up but that shyt still hurts my feet. I dont plan on buying new sneakers anytime soon so i got to get use to this cheap shyt.