When I Was Growing Up, All The Real Men Wore Corduroy

KyokushinKarateMan

Train hard, fight easy
Daps
Reppin
U.S.
Cue all the jokes about me being :flabbynsick:

Corduroy is a material/style that was a staple of my childhood. Not because I owned any(it was expensive for back then!), but because every man that I looked up to back then also happen to own at least one corduroy pants/jacket/outfit.

My pops was the corduroy king(as far as in my family). He had 2 bad ass corduroy outfits he would mix and match and have me and my brothers like :noah:.. my oldest brother and my uncles used to wear it as well.

And I know it's funny to yall now in these days and times but back then corduroy was THEEE sh*t. If you were a single man out on the town in some corduroy pants or with a corduroy jacket on, you was gonna eat that night. Don't fk around and have an entire outfit and nice pair of shoes to match :wow:

What yall know about that roy :wow:

Left: 60s 70s style roy fits, Right: 80s, the style that raised me
blog-winter-cloths-nov-2019-corduroy-70s-scaled.jpg

80s style roy fits
Corduroy-Jacket-from-the-1970s-1230x1500.webp

When I think back, all the men I looked up to as a child wore corduroy back then. I'm going to be adding some modern day roy-wear to my wardrobe soon. Something along these lines :patrice:
cord-image.jpg

Tan-corduroys-with-cordovan-boots-768x1151.webp

Ralph-Lauren-Classic-Fit-Corduroy-Shirt.jpg

cordtrouserslbmain2.jpg

1537975251-mens-corduroy-todd-snyder-1537975244.jpg

best-mens-corduroy-pants-2020.png

mens-corduroy-blazers-solid-color-high-quality.jpg

Last edited:

Spiritual Stratocaster

Jesus is KING
Supporter
Daps
My sisters pop pop had corduroy overalls only used one strap and could fix a car with only a can of Pepsi and his tool set

"Stop messing. With them papis they don't know cars like me
full
"

Daps
My last pair was some grayish green corduroys, and a nikka stole them from me.

I crashed at his place when I was in town visiting my girl (before we got married, she stayed with her parents and they wouldn't let me stay there) and I somehow left my corduroys at this nikkas house.

Weirdo nikka and I talked a few days later and he tells me, "thanks for the pants, man. They fit great :mjgrin:"

I was like :patrice::dame: cause this weirdo fool was dead serious too. Looking back on it, he must have been on the spectrum cause of all the weird mess I saw him do.

After he was wearing them, I hit the :hubie: those was his pants at that point.

Haven't owned a pair of corduroys since then. My brother clowns me for that to this day cause I let that clown deebo me for my pants. :dame:

86\*/98

Chef Will Equilibrar Òkùnkùn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Sparking blunts in the shade.
A chick bought me the exact pair of corduroy burgundy jeans in the op. I tried them on, looked in the mirror, and thought to myself, “you looking real West Hollywood, my nikka :francis:“ and I never put them on again.

That don't have shyt to do with this but I just thought that I should mention.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Facts OP. Folks don’t know how dripped out it was in the 80’s. :win:I channel the style from that era all the time. Old school sheepskin coat, a bucket or an old school Kangol, cords, dope high quality vintage sweater, the right fresh kicks you killing the game. Old man drip>>>. Supreme bogo hoodies don’t move me. :smugdraper:

1e1ec2bcb29336d912750151a6d03862.jpg

Old school Gucci 1984’s with green cords would be money
c5fb189ba254140e6c24a79de0752cfb.jpg

gucci-brown-Leather-trimmed-Monogrammed-Canvas-Bucket-Hat.jpeg