When I train with women, should they be doing the same routine as me or should I switch it up?

SATAN

Eve was a thot.
Daps
Reppin
HELL
I enjoy working out with another person. Usually it's my brother. But lately a lot of my female friends have been telling me they want me to train them. Not on any flirty shyt or running game, I genuinely enjoy training other people.

I do push/pull/legs. I also do lower back on push day and abs on pull day. On each day there are 6-7 different exercises. Each exercise, I do 4 sets of 8-12 reps, the last set to failure. Heavy enough on each set that the last few reps are close to failure.

My goal was to get big muscles and it's worked great for me so far. It's enough that I regularly get compliments that I'm in good shape. I actually gained weight in the process but lost fat.

They tell me they don't want to have "manly" muscles, but when I trained with a female friend she had almost no upper body strength so I said we should do arms.

Most of them are pear body type and their fat is in the lower body, and their arms are the weakest point

Is my push/pull/legs split ideal for them too?

1-8-7-Skillz

Superstar
Daps
They tell me they don't want to have "manly" muscles, but when I trained with a female friend she had almost no upper body strength so I said we should do arms.

Hearing that shyt always has me like :mjlol::snoop::snoop:
As if by touching a barbell once and doing a few reps on the bench they turn into a monster all of a sudden

@topic tho: All females who are actually serious about working out train their whole bodies. So of course they can train a "normal" split. Maybe put some more additional work for personal preferences in (like most dudes like to do some extra arm exercises, for women its often more glute stuff)

The Villain

Superstar
Daps
the same shyt just at an appropriate weight for them

maybe add more leg or glute accessory work since women like to focus on that these days

make them do upper body shyt too tho. the hourglass look is an illusion. a developed upper body helps to complete the look

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I enjoy working out with another person. Usually it's my brother. But lately a lot of my female friends have been telling me they want me to train them. Not on any flirty shyt or running game, I genuinely enjoy training other people.

I do push/pull/legs. I also do lower back on push day and abs on pull day. On each day there are 6-7 different exercises. Each exercise, I do 4 sets of 8-12 reps, the last set to failure. Heavy enough on each set that the last few reps are close to failure.

My goal was to get big muscles and it's worked great for me so far. It's enough that I regularly get compliments that I'm in good shape. I actually gained weight in the process but lost fat.

Most of them are pear body type and their fat is in the lower body, and their arms are the weakest point

Is my push/pull/legs split ideal for them too?

I don't feel like PPL is ideal for them. PPL is like 2/3rds upper body and 1/3rd lower body (in terms of sessions per body part). Most females don't wanna focus on upper body strength or size development. (I also feel like PPLs in general are kinda overrated for most people, when ran like most people run them.)

I've found Full-Body and Upper-Lower splits to work better for women, but they were heavily modified programs - I would never have them doing the same shyt I do, for a few reasons:

1) The splits I run tend to have way too much volume for most (natural) people, male or female;

2) Most people, especially women, don't seem to wanna lift for 2, almost 3 hours a session, 5-6x a week;

3) Most women want to "tone" (which is not a real goal); my programs are focused on hypertrophy and the Big 3;

4) The women I've trained aren't gonna show up consistently 6x week to do PPL, week-in, week-out; 3x a week was pushing it;

and finally

5) The women I've trained aren't going to eat enough or sacrifice other bullshyt in order to recover from something like PPL.

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
We don’t need any special programs, we do the same lifts, there’s some accessory work we won’t want to do like traps or forearms (they get hit in other lifts) otherwise if you’re just bringing someone along, they can follow you. If you’re actually going to train them regularly, then of course you need to create a plan that caters to their needs - which shouldn’t be just blindly following what you do for your needs.

Seems like you’re more so in the letting a friend tag along vs actually training them camp.

SATAN

Eve was a thot.
Daps
Reppin
HELL
We don’t need any special programs, we do the same lifts, there’s some accessory work we won’t want to do like traps or forearms (they get hit in other lifts) otherwise if you’re just bringing someone along, they can follow you. If you’re actually going to train them regularly, then of course you need to create a plan that caters to their needs - which shouldn’t be just blindly following what you do for your needs.

Seems like you’re more so in the letting a friend tag along vs actually training them camp.
I already said I'm TRAINING them.

reading_is_fundamental__6_6.jpg

Son Goku

Great Sage Equalling Heaven
Daps
I will say that I personally love hate training females. Majority of the time they either don't fully commit to being trained, don't want to do certain exercises for no legitimate reason, or they quit way too early before they see any real results.

Much easier to bring along a bro in the gym than it is to bring along a broad.
:dame:

Michael's Black Son

Blanket Jackson
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
New York City & Neverland Ranch

:russ:

how “manly” do they think they will get picking up 10lbs “dumbbells” tho, because you know they aren’t lifting anything above 15lbs.