When did the era of bringing funny signs to wrestling events die off?

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
I don't notice alot of funny or witty signs these days. I'm guessing WWE probably confiscates them. But....

I'm watching a Saturday Night's Main Event from 2008 on the Network (only $9.99 :smugfavre:), and during the 8 man-tag match with(an out of shape) JBL & there's a fan holding a sign saying

Jelly
Belly
Layfield

:heh:

There's another person across from him with a "Mickie James Roast Beef" sign. :pachaha:

Technically 08 was already the PG era, right?

Sypress

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Im guessing as soon as the PG era started

Side Note: I noticed this sign right away when watching Survivor Series 97 on the network for only $9.99 :mjpls:

4WvUJEe.png

Not a homo? :wtf: was there something going on at the time that made anyone question his sexual preference? :pachaha:

Walgreens

Be Well.
Supporter
Daps
Im guessing as soon as the PG era started

Side Note: I noticed this sign right away when watching Survivor Series 97 on the network for only $9.99 :mjpls:

4WvUJEe.png

Not a homo? :wtf: was there something going on at the time that made anyone question his sexual preference? :pachaha:

Oh, you ain't know about the seedy locker room happenings with BSK? :youngsabo:

GunRanger

Veteran
Daps
It used to blow my mind as a kid that people had signs for guys, when it was a shock they came out to the event. Like how did they know he would be there?
wtf.png

I knew nothing about the internet or chat rooms then. The innocence :kawhiblessed:

Daps
Reppin
NYC
I brought a sign to Royal Rumble 2000 at MSG.

One side said:

"Chyna isn't Y2J compatible"

The other side said:

S tephanie
L oves
U
T
oo

:yeshrug:

Thought they were pretty clever. Had good seats too. Not very far from the ring. Kinda bummed the camera didn't catch em. The people next to me were pointing at it too tryna draw attention to it.