when did saturday night live fall off in your opinion?

Mowgli

Veteran
Daps
Because white people typically aren't funny and the new generation of cacs finally realized this fact

Compare Chappelle show tin3 seasons of Snl at the time. Who knows who gives a shyt who was on the cast.

Snl is just a proving ground for people who will go onto become Hollywood stars. It's a platform for the industries comedy revenue stream. Manufactured garbage.

Last edited:

Pinyapplesuckas

He's A Good Man
Daps
Reppin
Willacoochee, Ga
it has its peaks and valleys...OG fans thought the 90s Sandler/Farley era was trash...and i'm sure people from that era didnt like the ones after that...i loved them all but the Seth Myers era was the beginning of the true struggle. they have a good cast right now but the writing is just not there. a lot of the skits just fall flat.

nose hair

Veteran
Daps
it has its peaks and valleys...OG fans thought the 90s Sandler/Farley era was trash...and i'm sure people from that era didnt like the ones after that...i loved them all but the Seth Myers era was the beginning of the true struggle. they have a good cast right now but the writing is just not there. a lot of the skits just fall flat.

true, very true. and you right about them havin' a decent cast now but the writin' ain't what's up at all. it's like the writers have no idea what's funny

Mr210

Banned
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I've never been a huge fan...I never thought Chevy Chase, Belushi, Steve Martin. Farley, Sandler etc were ever funny. I use to watch it when Ferrell was on there but his act got old quick and I'm no longer fan. The only time I really checked it out was Tina get as Nd Maya Rudolph I love those women

2stainz

GOON MUSIC
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
chitown, Sohh Icey towers, LWO
the chemistry between David Spade and Chris Farley was goat, Molly Shannon as Mary Katherine Gallagher, Chris Rock, Waynes World (Mike Myers), Weekend Update (Norm McDonald), Leon Phelps (Tim Meadows), Stuart (Al Franken), Pat (Julia Sweeney), and the Roxbury guys (Will Ferrell, Chris Kattan, Steve Koren). Basically early to mid 90s was a favorite

of course theres the Eddie Murphy, John/Jim Belushi, Billy Crystal, Martin Short era

early to mid 90s was goat, maybe just cause I lived through it....and then late 90s came the fall off. all of 2000s were unwatchable,I fukked with MaddTv

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I been through a lot of era's of SNL. I started during the Eddie Murphy years, but I would say the last time the show was really funny was when it was when it was Will Ferell, Tracy Morgan, Tina Fey, and them, so I'm gonna say the early 2000's. I'll say this, this current cast has a lot of talent but the writing kinda sucks.