When Bruce Lee passed, Jackie Chan had next

Would Jackie Chan be as successful if Bruce Lee didn't pass away?

• Yes

Votes: 3 60.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 40.0%
  • fukk No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
I love them both. They both posses crazy amounts of charaisma and talent. Bruce obviously laid the ground work, but Jackie created his own lane

Jackie Chan is a Hong Kong actor, martial artist, director, producer, and singer who has been active in the entertainment industry for over five decades. He began his career as a stuntman in Bruce Lee's films and later transitioned to acting in Hong Kong action movies in the 1970s.

In the 1980s, Chan became a major star in Asia with his comedic martial arts films, such as "Project A" and "Police Story". He also gained international recognition for his work in the "Rush Hour" film series alongside Chris Tucker.

Throughout his career, Chan has won numerous awards for his acting, stunts, and contributions to the film industry, including an Honorary Academy Award in 2016. He is known for his unique blend of humor, acrobatics, and martial arts in his films, as well as his dedication to performing his own stunts, often resulting in injuries.

Overall, Jackie Chan has had a remarkable career, becoming one of the most recognizable and beloved figures in action cinema.

LV Koopa

Jester from Hell
Daps
Reppin
NYC
Jackie Chan would've been that dude anyway. Much better performer than Bruce Lee. He was doing stunts and fight choreography that most people would never touch.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Apples n Oranges....I think if they both lived Chan still would be chan. Bruce didn't have the versatility chan does. Chan is also a lot more appealing to western audiences.

BlackMajik

Behind Enemy Lines
Daps
Reppin
DSGB(Down South Georgia Boy)
Jackie would've still succeeded

One thing that I've seen been a criticism of Bruce Lee movies is that he's basically Superman and borderline invincible. People love Jackie becuz he's the underdog in a lot of his movies. He gets beat but finds a way to overcome

The stoic superman thing with Bruce Lee would've gotten stale

Last edited:

Bryan Danielson

Jmare007 x Bryan Danielson x JLova = King Ghidorah
Daps
Reppin
#We Are The Flash #DOOMSET #LukeCageSet #NEWLWO
Yea….. Bruce Lee for the most part did for his time “modern” kungfu movies.

I loved when Jackie did some of them traditional time piece jawns that you would see on Saturday KungFu Afternoon Matinee

Like Killer Meteors (slept on classic), Drunken
Master, Snake & Crane Arts of Kungfu and so on

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
I love them both. My dad had me watching Bruce early. I think my dad thought martial arts was the best way to connect me to my asian side. Plus he was serious with TKD himself. Around 8/9 I saw Police Story and would try to find JC stuff forever. Bruce is like the James Bond of Asian actors. He's got the looks, demeanor, charisma, charm etc. Jackie is more your everyday guy. He looks like any person walking down the street. His fights always cone from an underdog perspective. He uses his environment as a weapon. I honestly think they would have made some great films together. Bruce would have e had to do a few slapstick comedies with Jacke and Sammo for sure. They invented a whole new genre. Also, both men sped up the action considerably. Before them the movie's seem so forced and rigid.