When are we gonna retire the "Schwarzenegger" defense?

MegaTronBomb!

Power is in my hair nikka
Daps
Reppin
From The Westside With Love
If we didn't hold rappers to the standard of rapping the lives they actually live, it'd hold up.

FWIW, it's just as lazy as blaming rap music and video games for people shooting each other...despite their being all the statistical evidence to prove it's not true.

Luke Cage

Coffee Lover
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
They would be able to use this excuse if they follow his full playbook instead of picking and choosing.

Arnold also does family friendly movies like Jingle all the way. Can that rapper do a christmas album with no profanities.

Snoop does family friendly stuff all the time and gets treated just like arnold.
actors that are super method and stay in character too much usually get cancelled these days

Last edited:

boskey

Top Rankin
Daps
Wild I was just thinking about this the other day. I randomly remembered the line when Jay Z said "Scarface the movie did more than Scarface the rapper to me" But that's cuz Jay Z was 14 when the movie came out and he was like 21 when Geto Boys dropped and already a legal adult when NWA came out

These 90's rappers that were originally defending gangster rap never grew up with it. They grew up listening to Michael Jackson and Rick James and shyt. Movies really were the most violent and graphic media they had so it makes sense why they would make that argument. That doesn't make them right tho...

RickyDiBiase

The Sword of Jesus of Nazareth
Daps
Reppin
Cbus
This whole dialogue needs to die because it's exactly why people don't take shyt seriously, especially young people.

and their not wrong for feeling the shyt is goofy.

Devilinurear

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
You know what I'm talmbout.
"Arnold Schwarzenegger kills a hundred people in his movies. They don't never say nothing to him!":leon:

I hear that shyt to this day.
It's damn near the definition of a false equivalency.
Explicit lyrics are labeled the same way movies are rated
:unimpressed:
I don't know what more people want

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
If we didn't hold rappers to the standard of rapping the lives they actually live, it'd hold up.

FWIW, it's just as lazy as blaming rap music and video games for people shooting each other...despite their being all the statistical evidence to prove it's not true.
It's not lazy. Music has a real effect that movies don't. Music is way more culturally integrated, spiritually relevant and socially influence. Just cuz both are media does no lt make their actual impact the same. Many people who can accept movies as entertainment view rap as real life. Because music is way more interested with real life. Actual rappers die and face violence for things they talk about in music. A movie star might face bad reviews and a protest at worst.

Op has a point but the false equivalency won't stop being made for the reasons you did. The denial of musics impact is dependent of the false equivalency. Meanwhile we can actually trace bodies to rap. It is true. Rap music has influenced many crash dummies in ways movies can't. Actors don't beef with each other and die over roles they played. And you don't nearly get as many people copying bad guys in movies as much as you get youth emulating rap and it's content.

Stop the denial.

FeverPitch2

Superstar
Daps
Wild I was just thinking about this the other day. I randomly remembered the line when Jay Z said "Scarface the movie did more than Scarface the rapper to me" But that's cuz Jay Z was 14 when the movie came out and he was like 21 when Geto Boys dropped and already a legal adult when NWA came out

These 90's rappers that were originally defending gangster rap never grew up with it. They grew up listening to Michael Jackson and Rick James and shyt. Movies really were the most violent and graphic media they had so it makes sense why they would make that argument. That doesn't make them right tho...
This is an excellent point.

Kiyoshi-Dono

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Petty Vandross.. fukk Yall
shut the hell up OP :dahell:and gett intu tha chopppa
aF8nZCmUEgmBO.webp