Whats your limit in waiting for food at a BBQ, b day party, gathering, etc

valet

The official Chaplain of the Coli
Daps
Reppin
Detroit
Let's say your invited to a bar-b-que, b-day party, etc. It's starts a 6pm. How long are you staying if they slow to serve food? Now, obviously if you know they on cpt time, you don't show up early. But let's say you don't know. What's the time limit? 2 hr, 3hrs, 4hr? Or more? Me personally, no food in 3 hours, I'm out. What's your limit?

dora_da_destroyer

Master Baker
Daps
Reppin
Oakland
Different rules for different events. Family bbq, it’s known that you don’t get there until 1.5-2 hours after it started - should be plenty of food out when you walk up.

Birthday, depends on what type of event, but some backyard cookout, 1-2 hours, catered home event 1 hour late, restaurant event, on time to 30 mins late.

Never had to wait crazy times with these general rules.

Only thing I hate is weddings that take waaaaay too long to cut the cake. You should be cutting cake an hour after dinner. Been to hella weddings where dinner was at 6, and they ain’t cutting the cake til 9…:martin:

The True HD

Billionaire
Daps
Reppin
Ft. Loudy | 🇯🇲
Opportunity cost, once u been there a minute if you know the food is cooking might as well wait... everybody else gon be sauced up enjoying the food while u think u makin some grand statement leavin just before shyt hit the table.... 4 hours is long as hell tho wtf... n if the food not fye then I'm never slidin back

No matter where I'm goin I always try to have a little sumn before I step out... Pops always told me, you know what you got at the crib, you don't know what u gonna get when u go out

Daps
Unless it's a night party, it's not like I was going to be lingering around anyway. 3-4 hours sounds good food or no food. I can go 3 hours no food lol

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Different rules for different events. Family bbq, it’s known that you don’t get there until 1.5-2 hours after it started - should be plenty of food out when you walk up.

Birthday, depends on what type of event, but some backyard cookout, 1-2 hours, catered home event 1 hour late, restaurant event, on time to 30 mins late.

Never had to wait crazy times with these general rules.

Only thing I hate is weddings that take waaaaay too long to cut the cake. You should be cutting cake an hour after dinner. Been to hella weddings where dinner was at 6, and they ain’t cutting the cake til 9…:martin:

There's pretty much nothing to discuss

/thread

All Knowledge

Speak up...
Daps
Reppin
Belo Horizante
Honestly, if I know the person well enough to know there is a possibility or expectation the event/meal will be late or altered from what was shared I’m not attending.